8 May 2012

You Had Me At 'Hello'

People often ask me....."So what's the deal with Hello Kitty? why do you love it so much? aren't you a bit old?". The answer to this is...I love it because she rocks, No I am not too old....no one is. 

She's cute, she's sweet, she's the inner child in all of us and ever since I was a kid and when my parents brought back Hello Kitty stuff from Malaysia my younger sister Elizabeth and I have been hooked. My younger sister goes all out on Hello Kitty merchandise for her house. I'm all about the fashion and accessories.

In case you don't know much about this cute lil cat here's a few facts. She was created by the artist to be 'emotionless' so that whether you are happy or sad you can project whatever you feel with her. You can get virtually anything with her on...from makeup by the famous MAC, underwear, toasters, to even flying on a plane with Hello Kitty airlines (which by the way looks epic and I want to go on it!), there is even a Hello Kitty maternity ward! Where you can give birth in a happy environment where everything is themed and surrounded with.......you guessed it Hello Kitty!

Lady Ga Ga is a fan
Hello Kitty is most importantly a brand and now considered in the fashion world to be a designer brand  too just like Gucci, Prada or Louis Vuitton. It could be argued that putting it in the same league as those major designers is mere exaggeration on my behalf but with so many major companies jumping on the Hello Kitty bandwagon over the years to have the Hello Kitty brand associated with them says it all- Harrods, MAC and MasterCard to just name a few. With an annual turnover of over a 1 billion a year outside Japan alone....it's hard to argue with that. 

Whether it be the runway or the red carpet people are making a statement
 with their Hello Kitty Fashion.

A Hello Kitty Customised outfit for Katy Perry

If you don't fancy splashing out hundreds and thousands of pounds on Hello Kitty gear the beauty of it is you don't have to. You can get it pretty much anywhere these days- ASDA, New Look or even Bid TV.

As soon as I heard that Forever 21 were doing a launch of Hello Kitty clothing in London I got in line just like the many other girls on Oxford Street last year and picked up 3 beautiful pieces. A sandy blouse, a pink top and a cardigan. The outfit below is my favourite top from the bunch, complete with sequins and her signature colour pink. This is what I wore Saturday. x

Top- Hello Kitty at Forever 21
Skirt- Primark
Shoes- New Look
Bow- Accessorize
Bag- Camden Market

Necklace- Charity Shop
Nails- Barry M and OPI Teenage Dream




Kylie Jenner from 'Keeping up with the Kardashians'
 Forever 21 USA launch.
 Can you spot which two tops I've got?
The best two of course!
photo 1 and 3 they were really fairly priced too!


3 comments :

  1. Eeeee Hello Kitty! Far too adorable. :D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too I love all the Kardashian's. Guilty TV pleasure. x

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover