27 Aug 2012

Betseyville

Thursday night was most definitely a night to showcase and wear one of my favourite dresses I own.
I needed something to make me feel fabulous, feminine, stylish and to showcase my playful personality.
(All shall be revealed soon!).
When you think those things you think Betsey...well I do.

 Dress- Betsey Johnson
Shoes- New Look

Betsey Johnson is a designer synonymous with that whimsical edge and her dresses never fail to make a lasting impression. This dress I picked up over a year ago in the sale and fell in love with it instantly. 

I am a big fan of her evening/Prom wear the most. If I could dress up every night like this I would love it....her New York Fashion week collection reminds me of Barbie at her finest, and just to clarify that ain't no insult....Barbie is a fashion icon!

New York Fashion Week

                   

                



Don't you just love her? I think if I met her we'd get along great
 and be best friends! ha





April this year the devastating and shocking news that her company has filed for bankruptcy is such a great shame to the fashion world meaning around 63 of her boutiques will be closing down.
The nearest one to me is in Covent Garden and it really is the most beautiful boutique.
The tiled floor, the changing rooms, the decor...it really is a shoppers paradise.


Tori Spelling on the red carpet wearing the same Betsey dress in Red
Who wore it better me or Tori? hee hee

                   
Katy Perry wearing a Betsey Johnson from her Spring/Summer 2011 collection
I am in love with this dress, reminds me of mystical mermaid/ Jelly Fish!


Teamed with an orchid clip in my hair I was ready to rock and face London Town.



Don't you worry fashionistas She will still be designing and working with Macy's and showcasing her new work in Fashion Week in September, phew!






2 comments :

  1. love Betsy Johnson, her style is so wonderfully vintage and funky! cant wait til 3rd September though; kick off of New York fashion week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks gorgeous on you, especially with your red hair! Love the dresses on the catwalk too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover