14 Aug 2012

But What About The Vegetables?

Brighton up my day baby! I love Brighton so much, it is the simply a fantastic town full of quirks, delights and splendour. It's the perfect place to just go, have some lunch, do some shopping and have a wonder around.

This totally baffles me? Walked past it and I'm guessing they used to be a grocery ha ha.



I spotted the gentleman below outside a pub and asked if I could take a photo of what he was wearing. I was in complete awe of him and his personal style. The detail and the way he put his outfit together was simply mesmerising. Even the vintage battered suitcase and way he curled up his moustache. 
There is no denying he looks fantastic, even the photograph doesn't do him justice.





Blazer- Mums
Dress- New Look Concession
Shoes- Converse
Satchel- Camden Market
It was looking rather windy outside so I decided to keep it casual and wear my converse and black tights with my chili pepper dress.

My favourite new discovery we came across on our trip was a shop called 'Alice Dreams'. In the window I saw a cute Alice and Wonderland print and had to go inside, only to discover the entire store is A.I.W themed!!!!! It is the total and complete dream shop for me! I have always been slightly obsessed and in love with the Story of Alice in Wonderland, maybe because my younger sister Elizabeth and I used to watch the disney movie a lotand seriously I mean A LOT!

The shop keeper was so lovely and gave me a bit of history into the store and how they source their products. I chose the most beautiful mug to drink my green tea out of. The hand painted art work all over the store was beautiful. There are toadstools everywhere and they were playing Jungle Book songs while Jon and I wondered around.
Their website goes live in October so I will definitely be making some serious purchases for my house in future. What I love most about Alice In Wonderland is the imagery in the stories: The Hatter, the roses, the rabbit, the flamingos etc it's such a colourful and imaginative story that stays with you for years.


I instantly fell in love with ALL of these cups and saucers! I wanted to have them all but I had to control myself and decided on just one...you can't see it here because I already bought it but it's a beauty!
The art work on the ceilings and walls was to die for!



This is one my plates that I painted myself a few months ago. Alice In Wonderland themed of course.

I went outside to discover the amazing outside of the shop! didn't even notice it when I was just walking along....doesn't it look AMAZING?!!?

Then the rain got bad.....really bad.....so bad my newly dyed hair started to leak red down my face. Yep...there...I said it: RED HAIR DYE WAS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE!!! When I left the house it was sunny so I didn't think to take an umbrella ella ella ay ay (ha couldn't resist).

Make do and mend with a carrier bag. 
This is probably the lowest point of my fashion life
but given it was pouring down and we were going back to the car it simply had to be done.

Dress- New Look Concession
Blazer- Talbots
Carrier Bag- Sweet Shop

How very fetching!
Carrier bags are going to be in season you know next month? you heard it here first!

low and behold my beautiful Alice mug I bought! I'm in Love!

1 comment :

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover