16 Oct 2012

Come Fly with me...


2012 has been a huge year for the world of manicures.  Getting your nails done has always been popular but this year it's suddenly exploded in a massive way. 'Hello Giggles' tweets the best nail art of every day, Company magazine has a dedicated page to it and celebrities like Ga Ga, Jessie J and Katy Perry all regularly compete for who has the zaniest, craziest nails.
 

As lots of you know I am a huge nail person; my nails are always- and I mean ALWAYS- painted. I believe it's incredibly important never to neglect your nails and it's also a really good way to get creative and add that final touch, that final bit of flair to an outfit. I like getting creative by doing my own nail art because it's a fun, cheap way to experiment with all kinds of new designs.  Here are some of my most recent ones...
  
I get my nails shaped and treated etc. every 3 weeks and have done so like clockwork for the past 4 years.  They vary in colour, shape and style according to my mood and what I'll be getting up to that week...over time I've naturally become somewhat of an expert when it comes to pampering those paws.

When I was doing some filming for Fashion One I happened to discover the wonder that is MW Nails in London Spitalfields, and they kindly invited me back for a manicure. 

Upon entering you are immediately transported to another time in another place...you walk off the 21st Century London streets straight onto a Boeing 737 plane in the 70's!  Every detail is perfect, from the overhead lockers and the refreshments trolleys (now carrying nail varnish) to the actual airplane seats, all of which come from a genuine Air France plane from the 1970's. The crews uniform's are handmade and customised and all the music played is strictly 70's only, all in homage to the days of soul and disco!



You are instantly impressed and can't help but look around everywhere like a kid in a candy shore at all the immaculate and delightfully genius attention to detail.  From the nail treatments named after exotic holiday destinations, to the waiting area made up of genuine First Class airplane seats, even down to the chunky brown phone at reception, everywhere you look there's something to make you smile.



When selecting colours in most nail salons you are usually presented with a standard bunch of reds, pinks and glitters and some randoms that make you wonder...."Wow! Did someone actually have that hideous colour once upon a time?". All those misconceptions and previous experiences are banished when you are presented with the most popular colours from leading nail lacquer brands 'OPI' and 'ESSIE'.  You are seated in possibly the most quirky and quaint waiting area, offered a drink and left to contemplate the hundreds of colours displayed in all their glory in little cubby holes around the walls.

It took me a while to decide what colours I would go with but I managed to narrow it down to 3! I was seated and still not sure about what colours I would commit to until my air hostess/manicurist Rashida asked if I'd seen the new OPI- James Bond Skyfall collection that just arrived. No I hadn't......
The three colours on my nails were 'Moonraker' ,'Th living daylights' 'On Her Majestys Service'
 from the brand new
'James Bond Skyfall' OPI collection
I was feeling pretty relaxed and chilled out at this point so I decided to trust my hostess' expertise and told her to go with what ever she liked (which for me as a control freak is very out of character)! I'm glad I did though because Rashmida was incredibly knowledgable and confident with which colours were best suited and the new OPI Skyfall range is stunning.

My cuticles were pushed back with ease, trimmed and cut to perfection, followed by a soothing hand massage- with only the best hand lotion by OPI- all to a sexy, soulful soundtrack of 70's music. What annoys me about nail salons is I find the majority tend to feel like a conveyor belt: they rush you into a seat, rush through the treatment and then they want you out as soon as your nails are dry.
The lovely Rashida

MW Nails is different; not only has it got truly fabulous and quirky surroundings but it prides itself on it's 'First Class' Service. The crew are professional and enthusiastic about their work and are genuinely happy to help you and meet all your nail needs. 

My 'Rapid Rio' was a really pleasurable and pampering treatment and no expenses were spared with all the equipment and cosmetics used. I was very impressed to see all the nail tools used during my treatment were sterilised and came in their own individual packaging...which frightened me to say...."I have never in all my years seen a nail salon that did that" which Rashida was horrifed to hear! Yikes I bet you're now thinking the same thing!


Colours- OPI
Moonraker
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Service
I was extremely pleased with the end result. The combination of colours and the shaping of my nails were divine. I really do feel like a bond girl now with a little side of glitter! It's not hard to see why The Telegraph voted it as one of the top ten nail salons in London. 

I cannot speak more highly of MW Nails. It was an experience and a day out in itself but while I was there I was treated to one of the best and most professional and luxurious manicures I've ever had. So girls, next time you're thinking of getting your nails done get a few friends together and head over to MW Nails in Spitalfields...if you're within 100 miles of London it's definitely worth the trip!



Thank you to the lovely Rashida at MW Nails for the most fabulous manicure. x

2 comments :

  1. Oooh I love it when I've missed a few blogs and they have stacked up!!!! The nail place looks amazing! I also love your smiley nails, kids at school would love them! Bring your nail stuff on Wed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors, I do love glitter and sparkly nails.

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover