5 Oct 2012

Turtle Power

I cannot believe it's October already, it came out of nowhere! I'm sat here on my bed
catching up on my daily fashion readings of my favourite blogs and
fashion websites and listening to The Muppets Soundtrack.
(My personal favourite is 'Me Party'...I had it as my ringtone for a while but used to let it ring so I could sing along to it and ended up never answering my phone!)


 My favourite place for listening to The Muppets is on the tube in London...everyone always looks really miserable on the tube and I love sitting there on long journeys watching the bored-looking city folk and wondering what they'd say if they knew I was listening to the muppets!

I grew up like most 90's kids watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, eating the TMNT birthday cakes and playing with the TMNT figurines and now 20 years later they're retro and cool again! I found this little beauty in 'Beyond Retro': it was on the mannequin a while back and I just had to have it. This is vintage at it's finest, it instantly puts a smile on my face and takes me back to the 90's.
 What makes this t-shirt that bit more special is that the turtle's eye masks are covered in coloured studs! which was what sealed the deal for me- vintage with a touch of glamour...perfect. 

So keeping it casual -a street style day I teamed it up with my Primark blazer, customised with a handmade rose corsage brooch by Aunty Carole which I love.


You stay classy! Rebecca x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover