18 Mar 2013

Blushing pink

I picked up the cutest cardigan at Monica's Vintage Fair which I completely forgot to mention. Perhaps I was in denial as to how much stuff I got?...Oops....It's all research; I am a fashion blogger after all!
As soon as I picked it up me and Gilly instantly went 'ouuuu' it's special in a rather 'granny-meets-Chanel' kinda way!
Woven with the most gorgeous shading of pink I haggled it down to a mere £18. The stall holder wanted far more but at that point I had already adopted 4 new dresses so I really 
had to put my foot down.


Did I show you my new ring? I picked up a few weeks ago and have worn it non-stop. Sometimes it's the stuff that is as cheap as chips that you end up loving to bits. It's from Miss Selfridge and I couldn't resist colour of it, which funnily enough matches my new cardigan beautifully.
 I've never been a ring wearer as I have horrendous scaring on my right hand but my 'lefty' hand is a better hand! Plus, it fits perfectly on my ring finger!

Now what I love about my Jonathan is how brutally honest he is about my fashion choices: as soon as I popped this on and expressed my new found love for yet another cardigan....(yes cardigans are not sexy, not cool, not trendy....but I'm a fan!) he said it reminded him of Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter!!!!

What? As in the crazy woman from Harry Potter?! 
Who has all those cat paintings and tortures our darling Harry?

Oh Jon surely not? Well I know what will happen now...
this will now forever be known as the 'Umbridge Cardigan' in our house, just like the 'Wizard of Oz Dress' before that and the 'Ballamory Cardigan' before that 
(Lots of my clothes he instantly associates with random things I'd never have thought of and he's spot on the majority of the time!)


7 comments :

  1. oh, I love love love that ring!
    And now I'm quite curious about the Oz dress...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He thinks I look like one the monkeys in a particular dress! not dorothy! hahax

      Delete
  2. Oh my god why are you the cutest?!?! I absolutely love this outfit! I am a huge fan of the cardigan, and this one takes the cake. So adorable!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww you make me blush!! thanks hun! I too love this cardigan! x

      Delete
  3. you look stunning, i love your cardi!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so lovely!!! Just found your blog. I adore your style following
    www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover