9 Mar 2013

Hummingbird Heartbeat

So it's been a busy week full of filming, sewing, some more filming and a day of catching up with old friends. On wednesday I met up with the lovely Stefanie from Fashion One who I made friends with from when we made the final together. We've stayed in touch ever since and decided on a catch up in true style at the Hummingbird Bakery in London. 
(any excuse really to chow down on some tasty cupcakes!)
 Naturally we had to have the in house speciality which is their Red Velvet Cupcakes. Teamed with a classic coke (in the bottle- which always tastes better!) to wash it all down with...didn't disappoint. 

It was so lovely to catch up and shortly afterwards I had to dash across to the other side of London to go on air and present on the shopping channel with the sewing machine. 
I have decided to make more of an effort to wear some of my more showy dresses more often, as some only come out for special occasions! Let's be honest lots of us girls have this problem! 
This dress is one of those, that if I'm being honest 
I've only ever worn maybe 4 times since I've bought it.  
I love wearing it but am always reluctant to as it's very weather dependent and very ra! if you get what I mean.
why yes I did make that dress! 
So I thought why not on Wednesday? 
I decided to tone it down and team it up with a classic black shirt tied across on top and finish it off with my Nine West heels.
In retrospect my hair couldn't of been tidier from that back! ha ha
You'll be pleased to know that more stitch n bitch projects are to follow! 
I found the most a-m-a-z-i-n-g fabric at the weekend!
The selection on this stall was brilliant and so so so cheap!
 In the end I chose the liquorice allsorts and the swimming ladies which I fell in love with the moment I saw it. Perfect for summertime!
I simply cannot wait to get started on my next project!
Big thanks to Phil Konecny for taking snaps during filming! x

12 comments :

  1. Oh. my. goodness. EVERYTHING about this post!!! Red velvet cupcakes! Coke from the bottle (which definitely does taste better)! YOUR OUTFIT!!! That licorice allsorts print!!! I have a shirt from Anthropologie in an allsorts print, but that print is even cuter! Obsessed with all of this.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW thanks hun! it's all about the Red velvet cupcakes and coke from the bottle! hee hee! ouuuu i have never bought anything from Anthropologie before!....thanks for the lovely words! xxxxxx

      Delete
  2. yay these fabrics are amazing ! <3 i love your outfit it's just AMAZING !!!!!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! so so thrilled that you keep coming by! I love your blog! xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Cute fabrics! Where is that stall?? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stall was at a knitting and stitch show in Farnborough xxxx

      Delete
  4. Amazing post! I feel very inspired having read it ( mainly to make cupcakes) and to make a dress like yours! So chic!

    Sarah XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red velvet cupcakes are so easy to make and sooooo tasty!!! and making clothes! definitely start with making a skirt! thats easy and so much fun! xxxx

      Delete
  5. You and your blog are absolutely adorable girl! Loving your style!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! i hope you swing by again for more! x

      Delete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover