28 Mar 2013

Stop and smell the flowers

Tuesday night I met with my girlfriends Jann and Hollie from University for the Royal Horticultural Society Spring Fair Late. I don't even know how Jann managed to find this random event, we had no idea to expect, but it was a truly fantastic night and we had an absolute riot!
The invitation said it was vintage inspired with 50's swing dancing, cocktails, candy floss etc so we rocked up naturally in a vintage get up. The girls looked stunning in dresses by Topshop and I wore a vintage dress that I haven't worn in over 4 years.
This blue vintage dress was probably one of the first proper vintage dresses I ever bought. It's from Ebay and I bought it for a wartime musical I was singing in at the time. It is one that has always been one of my favourites and one I will never sell or give away. 
It's in incredible condition that I hope to pass down to my daughter one day.
The hall was beautifully decorated with bunting and street lamps, the room was buzzing with swing music and lindy hoppers teaching people to dance at the back...which we of course joined in on!
The cocktails were made by two gorgeous little bars 'Midnight Apothecary' and 'The Gin Garden'. If you know me well you'll know that I am not a drinker...and only really drink once in a blue moon being intolerant to alcohol....(which by the way sucks!)
So on this occassion considering I haven't seen Jann in over 4 years and we were all dolled up....I thought why not? We all got rather merry after just 2 cocktails and a shot of gin.....what a state! (A shot of gin? yeah the bartenders treated us to some free cocktails and a shot!? nice!) 
The Rhubarberella cocktails were by far my favorite! they tasted d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! 
The turn out of people dressed up in an array of 40's and 50's was really good
(mostly the girls of course).


4 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, what an amazing event!! You look stunning, and these pictures are wonderful. Those drinks look so yummy and springy, and the daffodils are the absolute picture of springtime :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous photos, what a lovely event! Everything looks so cute and pretty! You girls look beautiful together, all of your hair styles are PERFECT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely photos <3 crying ! yay :) awesome place :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the photos. so retro.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.