11 Apr 2013

How does your garden grow?

Wednesday was a lovely day full of sunshine, cakes, sandwiches and sewing. 
This lovely polkadot dress was a gift from Aunty Jacquie from when she went vintage shopping and London. I still believe how much she paid for it....wait for it....£1....yes one whole pound!


I cannot actually remember a time when I have got an entire dress for a pound, you wouldn't even get the fabric for a pound alone. It was in the bargain bin because one of the straps was broken, and the previous owner attempted to fix it with superglue...yes superglue?!


Well in no time at all we sewed on the strap again and I covered up the hideous glue mark with my strawberry pin from Cath Kidston.



Gill and Brian were in the garden replanting all their plants and vegetable for this coming year. What I am actually holding in my hands here is soon to be cabbage! mmmmm!.....cabbage!





Dress- vintage
Cardigan- Florence and Fred
Shoes- vintage
Satchel- Camden Market
I hope you're enjoying the sunshine wherever you are!
x Rebecca 

14 comments :

  1. So pretty!! That little strawberry brooch is adorable :) :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute :) I just found your blog and I love your style! This dress is super cute :)

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! ill be stopping by your blog ina sec x

      Delete
  3. This outfit is CUTE.
    But not as cute as your blog. I've just come across it and immediately had to follow :-)

    Francesca xo
    http://yummylikecake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gardens are very important in our life! I love the first photo & also your wonderful dress, you look like a princess <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Katie! loved your lana del rey piece!!! she is my IDOL!!! x

      Delete
  5. I cannot believe you got the dress for a quid!!!!! I was hoping you would have a link where I could get it on the interwebs because I totally love/want/need it. I'll give you £2 for it. 100% profit. Whatcha say?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is such a good deal! hee hee! x

      Delete
  6. oh my gosh! how adorable and cute is this polka dot dress! its unbelievable that it only costs 1 pound!!!
    you look so fresh and cute in it! also love the red cardigan and your shoes with it!
    kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear - can't believe the previous owner of the dress used superglue on it! If only you knew who they were so you could teach them how to sew! That's fab that you're working for Cath Kidston by the way. It really seems like your kind of shop so I'm sure you represent it perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a really lovely place to work in between screen tests and doing the shopping channel once a week! :-) x

      Delete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover