10 May 2013

Fifty Shades of red

So it's actually happening. I bought the dark brown hair dye today and it's officially going-down-and-back-to-brown tomorrow afternoon. Oh red hair, it's been emotional and making this memory montage of 50 shades has led me to experience moments of doubt. 
NO! I must be strong! My hair is wrecked, it needs a rest and is crying for me to stop!

In case you're wondering, no I haven't actually read the 'Fifty Shades' book...I got half way through and couldn't stand it so I abandoned it half-read in my nearest charity shop. 

I personally prefer my female characters in books to be powerful, confident and likeable- (e.g Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games) and that Anastasia chick from Fifty Shades of Grey was seriously doing my head in from the word go. 
If I heard her say "My inner goddess.." one more time I could of screamed! Did you read the books? 


Lets just remind ourselves of the pro's and con's of red hair 
or maybe I need to remind myself!

Pros
  • Pin up outfits look awesome with red hair
  • Vintage clothing and red hair create the perfect vintage look
  • When you've just dyed it, it looks awesome
  • Red hair looks sooo good in all of the Instagram filters
  • You stand out from a crowd
  • Outfits generally look cooler?
  • Red hair and red lipstick are a match made in heaven
Cons
  • Red hair dye on all your towels...even after 2 weeks of washing!
  • Fades every time you wash it
  • Having to use special Red Heads shampoo
  • Dries your hair every time you dye it
  • With long hair you need 2 boxes of hair dye every time....making it seriously time consuming and expensive every time you dye it.
  • If you forget an umbrella in the early days after you've just dyed it you're in big trouble if you get caught in the rain (see!)
  • When your red hair fades to a washed out ginger (not even a lovely ginger like Nicole Kidman!)
  • Black roots + ginger hair = not cool
  • The ends of your hair are never the same as the top
  • You can't wear yellow
  • You can't wear lots of different shades of pink
  • Rocking up to castings and auditions and they really don't want a red head
  • Paying to get your hair done professionally in the salon but finding out afterwards it still fades exactly the same
Right so after weighing them both up it's fair to say I'm definitely going to take the plunge tomorrow night! So farewell red locks, you've been fun! It's been great!

x

10 comments :

  1. I can totally understand- it must be a lot of work! But I do love red hair- sometimes I think if I had the right skin tone I would go red. But alas! I do not :-( Following <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I promised myself I'll take the plunge too, after this summer, but until then, I'll still enjoy my fifty shades, haha :D Can't wait to see what you look like with brown hair :)
    Oh and I haven't read the book either, it's poorly written and the plot sucks imo.

    Lots of love,
    Trish
    http://wingsforliberty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I'm a ginger and I started wearing yellow recently. I think it really depends on the shade. Anyways, I think you look lovely as both a ginger and with dark hair :)

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh good luck, you look pretty awesome with red hair but I can see that the cons outweigh the pros and you can always change back if you're not so keen on being a brunette ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so lovely with red hair, but you gotta preserve your locks! I'm sure you'll look just as beautiful with brown, and maybe you'll go back to red someday :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red look, but I bet brown is going to be just as gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the book Fifty Shades Of Grey. I am so glad i enjoyed Christian and Ana's story. I like Fifty Shades

    ReplyDelete
  8. I m excited for the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. and i watch Ian Somerhalder's work it is pretty awesome to see on the screen.
    Fifty Shades

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love you and your innocents. Stay true to Robert. Don't wear two faces. We love the real you. A real fan and a Mom. Girls look up to you. Can't you be a good role modle instead if getting caught in the sleezy look. You are to beautiful for that.
    50 shades of grey movie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the wonderful book! I finished it a few days ago and cannot get it out of my head. It is pure magic. It was everything I hoped it would be and much more. ...
    Christian Grey

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover