So it's actually happening. I bought the dark brown hair dye today and it's officially going-down-and-back-to-brown tomorrow afternoon. Oh red hair, it's been emotional and making this memory montage of 50 shades has led me to experience moments of doubt.
NO! I must be strong! My hair is wrecked, it needs a rest and is crying for me to stop!
In case you're wondering, no I haven't actually read the 'Fifty Shades' book...I got half way through and couldn't stand it so I abandoned it half-read in my nearest charity shop.
I personally prefer my female characters in books to be powerful, confident and likeable- (e.g Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games) and that Anastasia chick from Fifty Shades of Grey was seriously doing my head in from the word go.
If I heard her say "My inner goddess.." one more time I could of screamed! Did you read the books?
Lets just remind ourselves of the pro's and con's of red hair
or maybe I need to remind myself!
- Pin up outfits look awesome with red hair
- Vintage clothing and red hair create the perfect vintage look
- When you've just dyed it, it looks awesome
- Red hair looks sooo good in all of the Instagram filters
- You stand out from a crowd
- Outfits generally look cooler?
- Red hair and red lipstick are a match made in heaven
- Red hair dye on all your towels...even after 2 weeks of washing!
- Fades every time you wash it
- Having to use special Red Heads shampoo
- Dries your hair every time you dye it
- With long hair you need 2 boxes of hair dye every time....making it seriously time consuming and expensive every time you dye it.
- If you forget an umbrella in the early days after you've just dyed it you're in big trouble if you get caught in the rain (see!)
- When your red hair fades to a washed out ginger (not even a lovely ginger like Nicole Kidman!)
- Black roots + ginger hair = not cool
- The ends of your hair are never the same as the top
- You can't wear yellow
- You can't wear lots of different shades of pink
- Rocking up to castings and auditions and they really don't want a red head
- Paying to get your hair done professionally in the salon but finding out afterwards it still fades exactly the same
Right so after weighing them both up it's fair to say I'm definitely going to take the plunge tomorrow night! So farewell red locks, you've been fun! It's been great!