27 May 2013

Swimming in the fields of gold

After weeks and weeks of stopping and starting I finally finished my swimming ladies dress last night! Hurrrrrrah! I am so pleased with it. I don't know why it took me so long, I guess it's just because I've been so busy and I free-styled with the majority of the dress pattern so it took me slightly longer than usual.

I picked up this adorable fabric from a market stall at the Knitting and Stitch show for dirt cheap. Originally it was going to be a skirt but I simply couldn't resist making it into a dress for summer time; the pale blues, lilacs and yellows are colours I don't have an abundance of in my wardrobe and it's already received lots of compliments.


And....after what seems like forever the sunshine came out to play! It was such a brilliant day! Jonathan and I went to a dog show, which was hilarious (another blog post in itself!), did a little shopping and got back in time for a delicious 'Sunday' dinner.







Dress- Handmade
Boat hat- Garden Centre
Satchel- Camden Market




I really loved this bank holiday Monday which I got to share with my lovely man. Lots of you don't get to see what he looks like as he's usually behind the camera, so here he is! The love of my life, my best friend and the most incredible person I know. Jonathan!





Hoping you're all having a lovely Monday wherever you are!

x Rebecca 

27 comments :

  1. This is so sweet, dress, hat, bag <3 and this flower field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute dress! I can't believe you made it! Great job!

    http://leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took me agggges! but it was worth it! x

      Delete
  3. These pictures are so magical! Oh my word, where do you find a beautiful field like this? And your dress turned out so swell; and golly, that PRINT!

    P.S. You and your dude are too darling. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! So many things to love!!!! First of all, the pattern of the dress (and the dress itself!!) is amaaaazing! Teach me how to sew!!! :) Secondly, you look gorgeous and WHY DO YOU HAVE GORGEOUS FIELDS LIKE THAT WHERE YOU ARE?! Looks like something out of a movie!! Your hair color looks wonderful, and don't even get me STARTED on the pictures of you and Jonathan (and omg the gif of you jumping into his arms is one of the cutest things I've ever seen). Sigh, so lovely as always :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky where I live is a bloggers paradise full of beautiful locations! but not so lovely when it rains! i'm screwed! I don't have a room like yours to take indoor snaps! :-( it's sooo small! xxx

      Delete
  5. I truly think you have the best outfit pictures of anyone! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's such a lovely thing of you to say! x

      Delete
  6. These pictures are stunning Rebecca! That dress is just incredible, I wish I could make things like that! The fabric of your dress is beautiful, and your look so so gorgeous! xxx


    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet, especially the gif! And I would be content if I could die in that field. It looks like straight out of a filming location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too that's how I felt when i was there with jon! totally picturesque and magical! x

      Delete
  8. love the dress, the print is cute:-) and these pictures are beautiful, and the gif is especially adorable! (also, how cute is that car!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That car was too awesome to pass by without snapping! it's a vintage fiat 500! niiiice! x

      Delete
  9. That gif is the CUTEST. What a picturesque field. :) I'm so jealous of your awesome ability to make dresses. I wish I had the time and patience to learn! This one came out great. Novelty prints are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Novelty prints rock my socks! thanks lovely! x

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful print and dress! Wish I had the time to make my own dresses (or not be lazy! :P) Lovely photos too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous pictures!! I adore that dress, I cannot believe you made it, you're so talented :D The print is lovely :)
    I've just found your blog and I'm loving it! Following you now :)
    http://www.rebelangel.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! :O I love, love, LOVE these pictures! (and that dress!) You and Jonathan are incredibly adorable too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg! These photographs are so beautiful! such a gorgeous scenery too! You and Jonathan look so adorable! XD xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dress, the hat, and you are all darling. The flower field is perfect too! So summery:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pictures are gorgeous and so summery! I love your handmade dress so much too. The pattern is adorable. The pictures with your boyfriend are super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That GIF is so amazing! How sweet <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover