14 Jun 2013

Hay fever

Ironically today my Hay fever was absolutely horrendous from the moment I woke up, faced with the streaming nose and sore itchy eyes I've come to expect every summer. It's so fitting then that I ended up in a hay barn. Today after a long week of clouds and overcast weather we finally had some beautiful sunshine in Kent late in the afternoon.




I do get asked a lot how I find my picturesque locations and I must say I am extremely blessed to live in the most beautiful place- Kent. Lots of the time I might just go for a walk or jump in my car and stumble upon a pretty field nearby.  


I'll be driving around in my car with the music blaring, see somewhere, screech the breaks and just 'know'. Sometimes I'll see somewhere that looks like it might be a brilliant place and something will just tell me to keep going a bit further on...and ta da! I'll come to it! That's exactly how I found today's location. I found it by chance thanks to a rare combination of sheer spontaneity and a little bit of magic! 


I've been waiting to bring you also the beautiful and incredibly talented Paige Joanna's 'Buttercup' zine. It arrived a week ago and I fell in love with it from the very first page. I heard and saw so much about it from her blog and fellow bloggers such as Kailey from Mermaidens. I am huge fan of Paige's blog and her illustrations are simply beautiful and I just couldn't resist getting a copy and supporting her work. You are transported and taken back to a time of innocence, sweetness and childhood nostalgia. 


It really took me back to being a 90's kid and all the things we used to love to do 'when we were young'. I will say though I was so sad when I got to the last page, I didn't want it to end! 



Dress- Camden Market
Mary Janes- Ebay

22 comments :

  1. I hope you feel better soon! My allergies have been horrible lately too :( That dress is absolutely lovely by the way! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay fever can be a real biatch!! So hope you feel better. Thanks so much for featuring my zine honey, you styled it so well! You look lovely! X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit posts are always so beautiful!

    www,gisforgingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous you and stunning photography.. beautiful dress and the simple hair-do completes you.. just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look soo cute (LOVE those shoes), and oh no, hay fever is the worst! Poor thing! I wouldn't even be able to function in a barn - I'm pretty allergic to hay! I've been wanting to look at that zine for a while, it's so cute and sweet. And you are such a lucky girl to live in such a beautiful place! :)

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous dress - the colour really suits you! The setting is lovely too and you do ever so well to find these places. It's an amazing backdrop for the outfit!

    Chloe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, the yellow dress is wonderful & I love the setting, as always your photographs are just dreamy
    Yay for Paige & buttercup, she did so well with it & I'm sure she's over the moon that you're featuring it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your yellow dress and all your photos! What a lovely setting to find. Hope your hayfever dies down a bit so you can enjoy the lovely weather a bit more!
    Lianne x
    Rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous, as usual Rebecca! That dress is so pretty, such lovely colours! xxx


    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing photoshoot <3 You are so cute so i cannot handle this <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful location! I love my parents house 'cause they have a ton of beautiful spots like that nearby. My house? not so much. Anyways, beautiful dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing shoot!

    Edita
    www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww your pictures make me wanna move to Kent more and more! Plus my Grandma grew up there :) The zine looks super cute with all the illustrations. Will have to check out her blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are utterly perfect! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO cute! I love your dress (Camden is the best) and what a pretty place to take photos.

    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hay fever is the worst, mine always seems to play up in Spring (which is a shame because it is my most favourite time of year). But you are so incredibly lucky to live in beautiful Kent! The countryside there looks gorgeous, and I cannot wait to plan another trip to England just so I can visit some of the beautiful country-esque towns it has to offer :)

    Melanie
    Editor of Whim Online Magazine
    www.whimonline.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those shoes are so classic! Man, how I'd love to visit England someday...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know how you managed to stay in that hay long enough to take your photos...I would have passed out from my hayfever haha!! Kent seems beautiful, maybe I'll venture out of London one day and decide to have a peek. Hope you're well! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow your dress is so beautiful, I am loving it!

    Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want those shoes so much! Gorgeous dress too. What a sweet location for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The only way to maximize your thrills and enjoy your Desert Safari ​Dubai Rates completely during your Dubai excursions is with Dadabhai Travel

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover