28 Jun 2013

Looks like a flower but stings like a bee

OK I'm gonna let you in on a secret about me: when I was younger I used to be a huge Ricky Martin fan (yes, Ricky 'Livin'-La-Vida-Loca' Martin) I had his album on repeat and made up dance routines to all his tracks (even the slow ones). I even wore a Ricky Martin T-shirt, which now in hindsight wish I didn't throw away! (how cool would that be now?). Hell even right now I've decided to play a bit of him after conjuring up today's post title, and it's instantly taken me back to the summer of 99.





On Wednesday I finally got to debut my new vintage dress that I picked up from the last vintage fair at Monica's. It's quite the interesting thing that happened with this dress, which was destined to be with me from the beginning. I happened to follow a page on Facebook which sold the most beautiful vintage dresses a lovely company called 'Paper Petticoats'. 




After looking through their range of beautiful dresses (bear in mind this was all the way back to April), this yellow floral dress stood out to me among the bunch and it was love at first sight. I commented that I loved it and I simply forgot all about it. Then months went by and I attended Monica's Vintage Fair and had a look around at what the stalls had on offer. One particularly beautifully presented stall stood out to me- their clothing organised into the vintage eras- 50's, 60's so forth- and this beautiful yellow dress sung to me from the rack. What I didn't realise til I got home that night was that this was the same exact dress! 



Cosmic dress significance? I don't know but I am a firm believer that if things are meant to be then they will make their way to you. I am so extremely pleased with this dress as I don't have anything quite like it in my vintage dress collection.






 I really believe wearing yellow has some magical quality as it instantly cheers you up and makes you feel happy and fuzzy, so wear yellow my lovelies and smile more this summer!  

16 comments :

  1. Such cute photos! Your dress blends in so well with the background. www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ervything about this post is beautiful!!

    CC x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That vintage dress is absolutely stunning! You also always seem to find the most magical locations for photos :)

    Melanie
    Editor of Whim Online Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so beautiful and so is that dress! These photos are so stunning, what a beautiful place you live in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are gorgeous! And that dress is just so so pretty! xxx


    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny and cosmic! And seriously, this dress is absolutely gorgeous on you. The floral print is so lovely (the yellow is so cheery), and the shape is beautiful. And I'm loving your hair here! Once again, I have location envy with these amazing fields of flowers! Stunning as always, girly!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- this is stunning!! Beautiful dress and pictures. Where do you live? It makes me wish So Cal wasn't so desert'y'- lol- Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible dress! You look so beautiful and happy! Love all of the photography and fashion on your blog!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please stop being so gorgeous and amazing. Your photos are always so pretty and they take me away & make me smile <3
    The dress is gorgeous and yellow suits you so well xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is absolutely gorgeous!! And as always you find a lovely photoshoot set! ;-)
    xoxo
    Melodie
    http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. your dress is positively to die for, and a gorgeous setting. I love your blog, it makes me happy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look incredible, the yellow is such a complimentary colour on you and the dress is stunning, gives off such a positive feel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    Loved your dress and the view . calm and peace environment

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dress is absolutely gorgeous! I love how perfectly it matches the background in these pictures. It's almost like the print was taken right from these flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover