18 Jun 2013

Lucky Ducky

I haven't gone to feed the ducks since last year and Sunday really was the perfect day for it. After I finished work Jonathan and I ventured out in the magical golden hour to give the ducks our left over bread- which also consisted of some chocolate brioche too!



If I am being honest I have only ever worn this beautiful Ingenue pink and polka dot dress once before. How bad is that? I always make a rule when buying clothes these days that it has to be something I intend to wear lots but I didn't for ages as it did clash with my red/orange hair at the time. Wearing it on Sunday reminded me why I bought it. The colour, the shape and the stretchy viscose material of this dress skims the female form in all the right places.


When buying dresses I have come to learn over the years what suits my pear shape best and for me most importantly it has to have the waist nipped in. Right in. I purchased my first Ingenue dress over a year ago which has a very similar shape and style to the famous Kate Middleton Issa dress. It's fair to say that I've loved their stuff ever since.







Dress- Ingenue London
Shoes- Ebay



The ducks went nuts for the BRIOCHE!! ooops!




As always I truly love and appreciate your continued support of The Cinnamon Slipper with your lovely comments and messages. It doesn't go un-noticed so I just wanted to say Thank You!
Don't forget Google Friend Connect/ reader is phasing out so be sure to 
keep following with all things Cinnamon here.

x Rebecca 


or Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely post - the dress really suits you and looks the perfect shape! <3 I love that you never overcomplicate an outfit and you always look so elegant and ladylike. The brioche made me laugh!

    (Oops, accidently deleted the comment!)

    - Chloe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cutie chloe!! I went on to reply then it disappeared...couldn't understand why! You're so lovely! I hope I dont any hate mail from duck rescue people! hee hee. They seemed fine! :-D

      Delete
  3. Oh that dress is soo pretty on you! I love the pink, and the shape is lovely. Having the waist be defined and nipped in is a must for me, too. :) And I giggled out loud at these ducks! They are so cute!! English ducks seem to be much cuter than the ones here in America, heh. :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah these ducks are awesome....there were a few that hissed at me!?x

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures, so nice to enjoy the easy things like feeding ducks and being outside in the sunshine
    That dress is lovely
    I'm very pear shaped, nearly two sizes on my bottom half than top and I agree strongly about the nipped waist and flared skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same as you Helen I'm a size 8 top and a size 12/14 bum!!?? how mental is that?!? xxx

      Delete
  5. Your pictures are great and I love the dress! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pictures darling!
    I also love feeding ducks and your dress fits you perfectly and I love the color!
    These are lovely snapshots you seem to have a beautiful time on every photos...
    xoxo
    Melodie
    http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures - you look lovely. Isn't feeding ducks at a duck pond fun? My boy and I make it a tradition to go to the duck/goose pond every year where we had our first real date.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky ducks getting some chocolate brioche! haha. I'm always a sucker for anything with polka-dots on it, so this dress is absolutely perfect :)

    Melanie
    Editor of Whim Online Magazine
    www.whimonline.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love the dress and your location! Oh yes, and the duckies :-b Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are SO gorgeous! I love that you are able to wear this dress now that you've changed your hair, it looks so beautiful on you! Pink is one of my favorite colors and it looks even better with polka dots :D
    The shot of you feeding the ducks where they are both reaching out to you is so cute. I adore all water fowl, especially geese and swans. I think they are so interesting, they are so bossy and gutsy :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my <3 those photos are so lovely <3 !!!!!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw I love feeding the ducks! :) that dress is so lovely on you!
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness, you look darling! That dress is utterly precious. The sweet pink color and the retro style are delightful. I totally want to feed the ducks now; adding that to my to-do list! Following this charming blog. (:

    May the Force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover