4 Jul 2013

Canterbury Tales

Tuesday we had been looking forward to for ages; I'm off back home to Bristol soon so it's the last day off Jonathan and I would have together for a while. We discussed the idea of popping into Canterbury for the day after Nadia from work said she had a lovely time and recommended we'd go.  
The weather that day was quite over-cast and cloudy which meant it was perfect weather to showcase this fabulous dress that Karen also from work very kindly gave to me. I had seen Karen wear this previously and always loved it, so I was so truly touched when she gave it to me the other day.  This isn't a one off as the girls at work are absolutely wonderful: we always trade jam and cake recipes, bake each other cakes and brownies and influence each other's lives as I imagine 50s housewives would!  
We ate lunch in a lovely little pub that over looked the stream with all the punting boats floating past.  I had chicken and leek pie with chips (which went down a treat!) and then after a wander around the shops Jon treated me to a lovely romantic trip on the punting boats. We were extremely lucky to have our own boat complete with blankets and our own tour guide. It was lovely to see the more picturesque parts of Canterbury and the local wildlife.


Dress- Monsoon (Gifted from the lovely Karen)
Shoes- Ebay

A little snippet Instagram video too!

11 comments :

  1. Lovely photos and beautiful dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so elegant in that dress, i love it! and the boat ride looks lovely!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a wonderful day and the dress and colour really suit you!

    - Chloe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is beautiful and looks so gorgeous with the scenery!
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two make the most darling couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god! That restaurant and the area in general just looks SO perfect. I need to visit someday. It needs to happen! I love your dress too, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your dress is so beautiful! you look gorgeous :)

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so beautiful, and what an amazing dress! You always end up getting dresses in the most serendipitous of ways! Love the boat ride - you two look adorable. :) And I love the little hearts on the shoes! Sigh, lovely lovely lovely.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so elegant, classic and beautiful and your boyfriend is a lucky chap. Lovely photos my darling <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been in Canterbury ones :) And I really adored it ^-^
    You look amazing, elegant and beautiful!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your yummy lunch looks amazing, and I love your pretty dress!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover