24 Jul 2013

Dreaming in jelly

Flower Crown- Wild Flower
Dress- Handmade
Jelly Shoes- JuJu from ASOS
Ankle socks- Primark
I am so giddy with excitement at the arrival of my Juju Jelly shoes! I was toying with the idea of getting a pair this Summer for ages and the other day in an impulsive moment I just clicked the buy button and bought them. I really am going through a pale blue phase at the moment, I just can't seem to get enough of it. It's one of those colours that is perfect for summertime and not one I get to wear often in the colder months. For me it was between getting the glitter pair or the blue and in the end I went with the blue and I am so pleased with them.

I was a huge jelly shoe lover when I was younger back in the 90's with a trusty pair or 2, or 3, or 4, or maybe even 5 from Worlworths (may you R.I.P). To this very day I look back at old photos and I'd be wearing them with tights (even black ones? really?!) and my favourite had to be my pink glitter pair I had.

I wore these all day at work and they were insanely comfortable with a pair of ankle socks. I received dozens of compliments from customers on my outfit that day which was nice as I did have a moment of- maybe I'm looking a bit over the top today? Nah!

I will say if you are going to wear them all day long that socks are a must as jelly shoes do like to get a little bit sweaty after long periods of time (any true jelly lover will know this!).

I'd love to know what your thoughts on Jelly shoes are? are you a lover or a hater?

x Rebecca




Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments :

  1. I've yet to take the plunge with jelly shoes but I feel like I'm getting closer everyday, there's just too many colours to choose from! Love how you matched them with your flower crown, so cute! x

    | Taxi for Jackson |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge lover, they look adorable, just like the rest of the combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such a lovely colour, jelly shoes remind me of primary school because we were allowed to summer, love that they're a trend now!

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jellies, I have a pair of kids lilac/purple ones with no heels (yay for having size 2/3 feet). Although, I really want the same pair as yours but in pink hehe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pink had sold out in my size! everywhere! :-( you're so lucky you have small feet! x

      Delete
  5. I lived in jellies in the late 80s/early 90s. I loved them so much! I found them to be uncomfortable, however, but that never stopped me from wearing them. I love powder blue as well! One of my favorite colors :)

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! gorgeous photos. I had a glittery pink pair of jelly shoes as a kid too. I think I must have worn them like all summer (as well as a pair of wellies. I had a weird thing for wellies...)

    Francesca xo
    www.yummylikecake.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! You look beautiful as always, I love your dress!
    I used to have jelly shoes when I was younger!
    Danielle xo

    opheliaevernote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally obsessed with jelly shoes too, but I'm a bit scared to go for the trend and buy myself a pair. I'm not sure if I could pull them off! But they look super cute on you and you're inspiring me to try them!! Love the color.

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful outfit - you really pull off the jelly shoes! They're such a sweet colour too, very summery. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look wonderful - I'm obsessed with jelly shoes! I have a flip-flop pair so unfortunately you can't wear socks with it :( Cue a lot of tripping when your feet lose their grip!
    I'm pleased to see pieces I've seen in your previous blogs be reused into a whole new outfit! Hope you're well,

    - Chloe. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay i love jelly shoess <3 those are so YOU
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Loving the JuJus :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember, having a pair but I can't remember do your feet slide about in them?

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover