6 Jul 2013

Feathers were meant for the sky

Friday was one of the hottest days we have had in Kent in such a long time, it was truly beautiful. There were stretches of blue sky, rays of bright sunshine and a gentle cool breeze sweeping across in the air- ah bliss! 

I was cooped up indoors at work for most of the day but wearing a summer dress that day instantly put me a better mood. I couldn't wait to get outside in the glorious sunshine and twirl around with my new lace parasol. Parasols are seriously the best accessory you could invest in if you're a vintage loving girl. Why? It's pretty darn chic if you don't want to wear sunglasses but want to keep those rays out- if like me you prefer to rock a more pale skinned look and to be honest you feel pretty bad ass walking around with one. Try it! it's incredibly liberating! Even a lady walking her dog took a liking to it and well....it's just really rather pretty isn't it? 


It's no lie that this dress has been featured here on the blog several times before and I do believe this would be the forth time! "4 for you Glen Co Co! you go Glen Co Co!".....This dress is one of my  favourite summer go tos it's feels almost gypsy style with the lace shoulders and this time I teamed it up with a red belt and red pendant. 

I have been listening to Gabrielle Aplins new album so much lately and today's post title are lyrics I just loved from her stunning song 'Home'.












Dress- Camden Market
Belt- Camden Market
Pendant- Topshop
Heels- New Look
Parasol- Ebay




15 comments :

  1. Parasols are the best during summer! I've got a red and white one that I bought a couple of years ago and I love it. The only problem is the wind, even when it is warm in Edinburgh it is still windy, so I don't get to take it out as often as I would like. I love this outfit, the white and red is really striking xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photographs are stunning! aand you look beautiful ^.^ xx

    hello-you-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAHH that dress is goooorgeous! The lace off-the-shoulder detailing is so beautiful. And I've been searching for a parasol for so long - I tried Etsy, but didn't see anything I liked. Maybe I shall try eBay... this one is perfect! I need to find a meadow. Stat. Also, I adore Mean Girls.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! You look amazing in this lace dress. I love how it's off-the-shoulder. The pops of red are perfect with it and so is your adorable parasol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I've been waiting all day to comment on this! Saw it on my feed this morning and had to come back! This outfit is adorable, the pictures are stunning and I love your parasol! Even better? You were brave enough to wear it out and about. So inspiring! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look awesome and i love your dress. so girly and beautiful. i just love the whole setting of your shooting. its amazing.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are like a doll! so perfect!
    I need to get myself a parasol, i am forever burning in the sun and i'm the same in that i quite like being pale. love that you were confident enough to wear it out and about and look fantastic while doing so!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is so beautiful! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's like you came right out a monet's painting! Stunning!
    And I must agree, I should buy myself if I can find one as pretty as yours to keept the sun out of my eyes ^-^

    Love this post very very very much!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos!
    Love your dress!

    http://a-path-to-my-wardrobe.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are so lovely, and what a cute parasol!

    ~Lou~
    Ps: i'm doing a fashion-related survey for my dissertation, 5 mins, much much help ♥ https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/2SJRFPJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely photos! I'm so pleased that we're being treated to some awesome weather this Summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, your parasol is an absolute DREAM! I'm feeling inspired to find a vintage parasol myself, now!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful photos! I've got to get a parasol now. Seems like the perfect piece for a shoot :D

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover