29 Jul 2013

I rock a lot of polka dots

"I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I have touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I spend my entire day talking to children. And I find it fundamentally strange that you’re not a dessert person. It freaks me out. I’m sorry that I don’t talk like Murphy Brown. And I hate your pants suit. I wish it had ribbons on it or something just to make it slightly cuter but that doesn’t mean I’m not smart and tough and strong."- Jess 


If you're a huge 'New Girl' fan this scene was when Jess stood up to Julia and one of those rare moments where all the girlie-girls of the world reunited and rejoiced as they too were telling themselves- "Yeah I've touched glitter recently and yeah I do rock a lot of polka dots! and it's OK!". 

It's no secret I too am one of those girls who wears cute prints on my clothes,  I have cuddly toys on my bed, I own a cute iphone case, I break into song quite often, I get sad when I see roadkill by the side of the road, I cry at a really good emotional advert on television (The Apple Facetime one anyone? When they guy is in the army?....anyone? OK just me!), I have a lot of Disney on my ipod, I enjoy watching The Kardashians and I do in fact rock a lot of polka dots. I've got quite the collection of polka dotted garments....and you know what? There's always room for some more! 


This dress was a lovely gift from my sister Amber on my birthday this year and I have already worn it lots but never really taken the time to document it. I decided to keep it quite simple and casual this day for work wearing my jellies once again! (they really do go with everything!). This dress is a little on the shorter side which is a pain as I do prefer my dresses to reach just above the knee in an ideal world. How do you like your length on dresses? Or does it depend on what kind of occasion?
Dress- Gift from Sister (H&M)
Shoes- Ju Ju Jellies ASOS
Dog Necklace- Jewellery Fair




Follow on Bloglovin





19 comments :

  1. Love the shoes! They are so cute (:

    Gen | raspberry-notes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here i worry that i own one too many polka dotted clothes. Turns out i'm in wonderful company.💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! That was one of my favourite moments of the New Girl. You really do rock the polka dot look! Personally I like a shorter dress on me. I feel like because of my height anything that is in between a mini and midi makes me feel like a child. I do agree that they are a pain though! I often find myself holding it down if I'm walking down a busy street.

    Whimsy Darling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit!!! Love the jelly's!!!

    http://life-fashion-freedom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit, it's so cute! It does depend on the occasion but generally I like my dresses and skirts to be about the length of yours in the pictures so a bit shorter - but not too short!

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too live in my polka dot dress! I like short dresses but not where I am constantly having to pull it down - never a good look! You look ever so cute :)

    - Chloe. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love New Girl! And I've also been jamming out to Disney tunes for about the last week in my car. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable little dress. You can never have too many polka dots! And haha, the paragraph of you listing all the things you love and aren't ashamed about reads like a laundry list of my life. Beautiful as always, love!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that episode of New Girl! I absolutely love your dress! I always prefer to have my dresses at least down to my knees but I do sometimes wear shorter ones depending on my confidence level,aha!
    Danielle xo

    opheliaevernote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great, so sweet & cute in the shoes too. The dress is fab, and looks great on you.
    Such a babe! yes yes yes xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. polka dots is totally YOUR print, you look so girly, sexy and elegant <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely! Polkadots are always a win win!

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love New Girl! Randomly I was watching this episode and scrolling through my reader when I came across the title of this post...kinda freaked me out!

    Your shoes are amaze too!!!

    www.heysailor.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always find the best places to take photos! And such perfect lighting too! I'm actually not familiar with the show, New Girl, but this outfit actually makes me think of something Taylor Swift might wear :) I too really love polka dots but don't have that many in my wardrobe - but I bought a nice navy polka dot dress this week so there should be more polka dots soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful post, Rebecca! I really love that dress on you - and not going to lie, I love super short skirts! n___n

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for polkadots!! You are the cutest thing EVER!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so adorable in that dress! I love it :) xx

    Cat - One hand in my pocket

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your dress and your location for the photos :)
    kisses!

    Mónica <3
    lookatmonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover