5 Aug 2013

Broadstairs way to heaven

Ah yes at last a much needed day off with Jonathan! We had been looking forward to having a day off together for ages and planned to go to Broadstairs. We were so lucky that the weather was simply gorgeous on Saturday- the perfect climate to sport my baby blue vintage dress which I don't get to wear often.

We were seriously impressed with Broadstairs as a day out, there was so much to do and lots of fun to be had. We were squealing like little kids when we saw they had boat swings on the seafront and asked the person in charge if we could go on (as the current swing'ees were all kids!). Neither of us could actually remember when the last time was when we went on one....must of been when we were kids. At only £1 it was money well spent! Click to see the little video we made!

After a walk along a beach and hanging out at the rock pool where people were catching crabs and prawns we were feeling rather peckish, so some chippies was most definitely on the cards. We saw lots of people come out of 'Seafarers' and no lie it was probably the best fish and chip shop chips we've ever had. Bear in mind Jonathan and I love the seaside and you could say we are connoisseurs of the chip variety. We sat on a beach overlooking the sea and ate every single last chip!

Now after have some tasty chips we were in need of something sweet! (I have a real sweet tooth!) Keri from work mentioned to me that we had to go to the Ice Cream shop overlooking the sea. Morelli's was fantastic! It was a retro inspired ice cream parlour with a fountain, pink seating booths, juke box in the corner and dozens of sundaes and deserts to chose from. We decided on their banana split and it was gone within minutes- seriously delicious! A really fantastic atmosphere too with a live band playing by the ice cream and it really is worth a visit if you're ever in town!

Dress- Vintage
Shoes- Accessorize
Bag- Acessorize
Sunglasses- So High Soho

15 comments :

  1. that dress is so gorgeous, definitely one my favourites of yours so far :) lovely colour.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading this while it's raining cats and dogs outside :(, i want the hot weather again
    fallen in love with your dress-want,want,want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your videos are so precious! I have a sweet tooth too, and I'm a sucker for both ice cream and juke boxes! It looks like you had a wonderful day :)

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely setting for your photos! Absolutely gorgeous dress, I love it! X

    | Taxi for Jackson |

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are wonderful! Sounds like you had an amazing day! You look gorgeous Becca, that dress is such a stunning colour too! xxx

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks so lovely - and your dress is gorgeous! You both look so cute and happy :) I've been to a Morelli's in Northern Ireland when I was on holiday and they also have some very unusual flavours!

    Chloe. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. your dress is so so pretty!! seems like a fun day out :-)

    Francesca xo
    www.yummylikecake.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely stunning photos, that dress is insane!!! I LOVE IT!! <3 Can I have it please? :) hehe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous photos! looks like an amazing day out
    beautiful blog x

    http://www.adayinmywheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi what a cute nice blog honey you have.....My name si Marie I am a Blogger based in italy and I was wandering if we could follow each other GFC bloglovin
    Let me know I will ollow back as always! Love Marie.
    www.mariezamboli.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello beautiful lady! I just love this colour and the detail on it, you're just so pretty <3 Perfect photos on the beach hut too xx

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a lovely day you had! I want to go there!! Such a pretty dress on you - I love the detailing on the bodice! And I should've known you have a sweet tooth, just like I do! :) I'm also giggling at the little seagull sign.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh I love this post so much! It's always so much fun to see a glimpse into one's day :D That dress looks so beautiful and I seriously wish I could visit that ice cream parlor! ;__;

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely LOVE your dress! You look lovely!
    Danielle xo

    opheliaevernote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another pretty dress that I wish i had in my wardrobe! :-) Blog posts like this makes me wish I could do more lifestyle posts but I'm pretty boring and stay home all the time. I'm loving the instavids! Have you tried VideofyMe? That's what I've been using, it's really addictive because you can cut and edit to make it all fancy and stuff! x

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover