3 Aug 2013

Princess of the poppies

I'm so excited to bring you today's post in collaboration with Robert Marriott Photography. It's been on my dream photo list of locations since forever to shoot in a field of poppies. A'la Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz except I wouldn't be sleeping in these anytime soon! I shot these back in July with Robert Marriott Photography once again and we couldn't have picked a better day for weather. The sky was bright blue and the field was simply breathtaking, covered in a mass of poppies as far as the eye could see.







This dress is another classic that I've kept for years and it's from good old Primark of all places! Cheap, cheap, cheap but I simply love the print; vibrant but with an almost watercolour finish to it. I do see the blue version of this dress a lot in charity shops- so if you like it, look out for it! What was so magical about this shoot was that there were hundreds of butterflies sitting and fluttering away amongst the poppies. I did have a disney moment when I was try to get one to sit on my finger, but they weren't having any of it.  That's the problem with butterflies, I find: never willing to play to the camera!



Dress- Primark
Parasol- Ebay









A massive thank you Rob for this shoot! I also thrilled to announce I've been invited to Rob and Claire's vintage-inspired wedding later this month.  Expect one more in the next day or so with the second shoot we did.

16 comments :

  1. Oh I would give anything to be able to visit a field as beautiful as this! I am just MIND BLOWN! You are so lucky to be able to work with such a talented photographer! These photos are simply amazing, you look so beautiful and radiant, just glowing :) And your gorgeous long hair looks so so amazing in the light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photography :) Nice dress and I love those poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, you look beautiful! I love your dress! Beautiful setting too!
    Danielle xo

    opheliaevernote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Such a fantastic place to shoot with beautiful flowers and wildlife, nice to know also that there must not be pesticides on the poppies which is great for the ecosystem. Love your parasol too!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are beautiful!!! I would love to be in a poppy field with butterflies! You look gorgeous!!!

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures, wish I could take some photos there too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is insanely gorgeous! LOVE! How funny too, I just did parasol pictures on Thursday! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow these photos are so gorgeous! lovely dress as well.
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. God. You KNEW I would be swooning over this!!!!! This is unreal and so stunning. What an amazing location and perfect day! This also makes me want a parasol even more than I already did. Gaaaaahhhh I can't. Too beautiful for words.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look SO beautiful, and you definitely remind me of a more chic Dorothy!! This poppy field is heaven!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pictures, you look beautiful in
    that dress c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so beautiful - such a simple location and yet so lovely! I love when you can find an inexpensive item of clothing and yet just adore it :) Looking forward to the next shoot!

    - Chloe. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is literally one of the most perfect locations I've ever seen. It's so beautiful and you look so pretty in these shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look perfect, adorable.
    I am delighted with your blog, I visit whenever
    visit my blogger?

    http://www.derepentenaotemidade.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover