19 Aug 2013

When I grow up

Saturday 17th was an extremely special day, one of my childhood best friends Amy got married to her sweetheart and best friend Grant. I'm gonna take you on a trip down memory lane. I've known Amy since I was 11 years old and she was one of the first friends I made when I first started the big scary world of Secondary School. She was in my tutor group and we lived only a road apart and became friends instantly. We walked to school together everyday for years, spent the majority of our lunch money at the local sweet shop on Malteasers and flump marshmallows. She was always infinitely cooler than me choosing to rock up to school in her excuse for our school uniform and she was the first person I knew to have a mobile phone.



Today I looked back at old photos of us and got really emotional! How insane is that? But a happy emotional; at how much we've changed, learnt and grown as girls who you could now say are women. Ahem...someone cue the Britneys Spears please.... "I'm not a girl...not yet a woman...." ha ha! 

I really cannot get over how time really flies and how much we've all grown. It's quite scary really, the times us girls used to sit around talking about which boys we fancied- (we actually wrote out one day who we wanted to marry and what kind of man they would be). We'd spend hours on MSN Messenger, we'd play The Sims at each other's house and when we got a little older is was all about how to score alcohol at the next sleepover! Yikes!










It was a simply magical day filled with lots of laughs and magical moments....Did I mention I caught the BOUQUET!! hahahah! You have to check out the video below of how rowdy it got...not one of my most elegant moments! ha ha.



What I wore....Dress- French Connection
Shoes- New Look
Flower Hair Clips- Claires Accessories









So here's to here's to you Amy and Grant 
may you share a lifetime of love, laughter, health and happiness. 

xxx Becky

10 comments :

  1. Ohh you look so beautiful, and what a lovely wedding. And omg those old photos of you!! So cute!! It's so wonderful that you two have stayed so close!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful day and it's lovely to see people who have been friends for so long! You both look really beautiful :) And that's a lovely picture of you and Jonathan !

    Chloe. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fun to see someone you know and love so well get married! And bouquet tosses are known for being pretty fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a super cute & fun wedding! My wedding day was definitely one of the best days of my life!

    ♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet that you two have known each other for so long! It looks like she had quite a magical wedding!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, I wanna be happy! X Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so, so lovely. It looked like a really nice wedding and it's really nice you've stayed friends for so long :) xo

    www.baileycakesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! It looks like you all had a great time! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i almost cried... seriously! i wish i'd had such a friend

    feel free to visit my blog + i follow you with pleasure, dear :*
    the-velvet-lady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that wedding looks magic! i love it <3 it seems like you guys had lots fun! <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover