28 Aug 2013

Yester year

I have a confession to make: I really am not festival go'er. Controversial? Perhaps, but I really am not a happy camper. I just don't enjoy camping and I've come to realise it's simply not me.  Maybe I'm getting old, but in my defence I do have atopic eczema and hay fever and frankly I really don't enjoy 'roughing' it. Despite my fear of festivals I attended Twinwood Festival this weekend with Jonathan and his parents. Before I go any further we did stay in a local hotel!

It was seriously one of the best events I've been to in a very very long time. It couldn't of come at a better time really, it was very much needed as I've had a really tricky week or so. It's been a week of disappointments and I'm not one to let it get to me but for some reason as a consequence I've lacked inspiration and motivation. It is unlike me but kind of explains the lack of posts in the past week or so. I'm pleased to report though things are back on track and I do hope you enjoy my personal highlights over the two days I attended Twinwood.

What I wore on day 1- Dress- Vintage
Shoes- Vintage
What was incredible to see was the turn out of people dressed in Vintage attire, I'd say a good 80% were dressed up at the festival. I could have taken photos all day long of the some of the outfits I saw but these were a few I selected from the bunch I took over the two days. The festival had classic cars and tent after tent of vintage clothing. It was so hard to choose what to buy and the stuff I really wanted to buy cost a lot. (See the blue tulle dress below! It was my favourite of the festival but way out of my price range!).
I went to dance classes, walked around the museum, listened to some of the most fantastic performances, shopped, sang along with some my favourite 40's songs, shopped some more and ate (alot!); it really was my kinda weekend. 

 

On the second day I went back into one of the vintage clothing tents I really loved that I saw on the previous day called 'Heyday!' a Vintage reproduction that had some of the most gorgeous dresses. One one of the girls working there had the most adorable two piece playsuit on and I think she just looked fantastic! I asked where she got it from and naturally it was from their shop. I wouldn't in a million years have noticed it on the hanger, as I'm all about the dresses but after trying it on I fell in love with it instantly. As I do have a larger bottom I am selective in what I wear but I felt this playsuit was so flattering as I got to select different sizes for the top and shorts. So here is me and my Twinwood Twin! This has to be my favourite purchase from the festival. Expect a post with it very very soon! x



Playsuit two piece set- Heyday! Vintage Style 

9 comments :

  1. Looks like you had a great time, lovely photos! Adore your two piece, what a great find! x

    Taxi for Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! It would have been awesome to see everybody dressed up!
    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is giving me some serious vintage envy! Looks like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO jealous! I would be so down to go to something like this (hotel, of course haha) I LOVE those last two photos.. so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like SO much fun!!! I wish we had something like this around here! You look absolutely gorgeous, and I love the playsuit! Can't wait to see a full outfit post with it <3

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back to feeling confident and more inspired! This festival looks SO awesome, I love all of the vintage fashion shots! And the photo of the two cokes together is adorable!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. You blog is amazing! I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you enjoyed the festival! We just loved our first time at Twinwood too. Thanks so much for including our pretty blue dress in your post! Sophie x

    Here's part 1 of our Twinwood experience on our blog: http://www.retrovert.co.uk/1/post/2013/08/twinwood-festival-part-1-retroverts-vintage-stall.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU LOOK TOO CUTE I COULD CRY!!! Seriously!! Adorable adorable adorable! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover