1 Sep 2013

Light of my life, fire of my loins

That didn't take long did it? For me to purchase the two piece playsuit from the Twinwood festival and for me wear it out almost immediately. Well the weather was fantastic in Kent Wednesday so I didn't want to waste anytime and I was simply dying to wear it. I returned once again to the barn for this shoot as I couldn't of imagined a better backdrop for the outfit. I was excited to see that owner had gained a fresh delivery of dozens of hay bales stacked liked a mountain which meant it looked completely different this time around and more fun for Jonathan and I to climb around in. 
 I can't tell you how much I am in love with this playsuit form Heyday Vintage Style. It reminds me of what Dominque Swain wore in 1997 film version of 'Lolita'. Giving off style vibes of sweet, innocent, American retro, cute with just the right hint of sexiness. The purple, lilac and mulberry flowers are delicate and spread across an ivory background- Floral pattern heaven!

What I love about this 'Pomp and Power' playsuit from them is the option to select different sizes for the top and bottom. I am often reluctant to buy and wear trousers and bottoms as they mostly look awkward on me. Being a lot smaller on top and larger below does tend to create sizing issues for me when it comes to clothing, I'm sure any fellow pears share this problem? Alas this was not the case this time around. I felt confident, cheeky and retro in this outfit. I decided to team it with sneakers on that day which I feel toned down the look down keeping it quite playful. 
Pomp and Power Playsuit-Heyday Vintage Style
Sneakers- Newlook
Hairclip- Twinwood Festival







Follow on Bloglovin




Oh yes also in recent news 'Shop my closet' has opened live on the blog where you can purchase various items- Vintage, Vintage Reproduction and High-street here:  
or Simply click the 'Shop' tab at the top!

23 comments :

  1. you look incredible in this!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. that's so lovely to hear, i do try to mix it up xxxx thank you

      Delete
  3. You look like you really had fun posing in this outfit, and it's awesome that you were able to get two different sizes to get the perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful - your hair always looks so amazing! I love hay bales and countryside scenery and it looks great for this outfit :)

    Chloe. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute outfit! I too am super pair shaped so being able to buy different sized pieces is essential
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That playsuit is amazing! You look utterly awesome in it. Indeed, just like a film character. And your figure looks amazing in it! I know what you mean about being different sizes. I often fight against it and try and pretend I am not because I hate how some items I seem to be 2 sizes up than I am in others.
    Also, I love the location for it. Makes me want to get out into the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pain isn't it? I'm a size 8 on top (not much boobage going on ha ha) and size 12 on my bottom and so many bits of of clothing assume people are the same all the way through! x

      Delete
  7. You look just like a 1950's pin up girl, and so beautiful! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't decide which I love more - the pretty playsuit, your fab hairstyle or that incredible location! As a photography graduate I have to say that the lighting looks amazing in these pictures and I really want to do a shoot in a barn full of hay now! Perfection xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun shooting in here again! Barn shoots are awesome and create a completely different story! xxx thanks hun xxx

      Delete
  9. so sweet! You look like you are a spicy girl! Haha! I am sure we could share some laughs together in real life!

    XO!

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. God girl, you are my new idol! Firstly - god how devine and beautiful you look on these photos!! Absolutely gorgeous! And I seriously share your pain on this - I'm also a size 8 on top and 12 on the bottom, gotta dislike pear life :D It's so hard to find playsuits like that (or in my case any kind of pants that look good) .. It's so rare to see girls like you in blogging world and you are such an inspiration <3 You rock, I'm your new (and very happy) fan! :) xo

    Much love from Epp,

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. GAH you look GORGEOUS!!! This playsuit is divine on you, and YOU MUST TEACH ME HOW TO DO MY HAIR LIKE THIS!!!! I'm always a little afraid of not being able to buy separate sizes in something like this, though when I've gambled on ones from ModCloth, it's turned out okay. I love the close up photo of the print -- it's even more beautiful than I thought. And I need to find some kind of barn, stat. :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't tell you how much I love these shots!! Perfect setting, perfect posing, gah! Too much. Can't deal. <3

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely outfit! You're really cute! I love your hair! :)

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.