11 Oct 2013

Cauliflowers fluffy and cabbages green

One of my favourite events of this year had to of been when I went to the RHS Spring Late in March with the girls. I was simply thrilled when the RHS got in touch recently saying how much they enjoyed my previous blog post and very kindly invited me to cover their upcoming Harvest Late evening. Tuesday came around and Jonathan and I decided to make a little evening date of it. We got all dressed up and were excited from the moment we got there. We were welcomed into the halls by people juggling vegetables and surprised to see some the biggest pumpkins I've ever seen in my life! 

Seriously those pumpkins were insanely huge! How do you even grow them that big? They seriously blew my mind. Not only that there was the most beautiful selection of prizewinning vegetables on display which really were perfection. I was pleased to see that Midnight Apothecary were there once again and I made sure Jonathan tried their cocktails too. I distinctly remember their rhubarb cocktails from last time tasting really a-m-a-z-i-n-g! This time around I had their 'Elderberry me' and it did not disappoint. My eczema has been pretty bad recently so one drink was enough for the evening.
















We had a go at pumpkin carving, listened to some folk music in the 'woods', dabbled in some apple tasting and apple bobbed but what really made us smile was the London Vegetable Orchestra- which really exists! and they were fab! Their instruments made out of vegetables and they delighted us with performances of- Greensleeves, English Country Garden and my personal favourite had to be 'The Bare Necessities'. 




Dress- French Connection
Camera Bag- Nica C/O Bagable 
Shoes- Shoe Zone/ Ebay


Cauliflowers fluffy and cabbages green, 
Strawberries sweeter than any I’ve seen. 
Beetroot purple and onions white, 
All grow steadily day and night. 
The apples are ripe, and the plums are red, 
The broadbeans are sleeping in the blankety bed. 

16 comments :

  1. What a great day! Lovely photos and post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what fun photos! I can't wait to carve a pumpkin this Halloween as I've never done it before!
    I love your dress too, you look very lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time, I love love love your dress! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holymoly look at that PUMPKIN! It looks like an amazing fair, so much better than the agricultural festival I normally go to! I really love your dress too, I saw that one a while back when it first came out and swooned, it's lovely to see it on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mind is blown by the size of that pumpkin! Just look at it! This looks like my perfect day out.
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pumpkin is so big! :o lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved this event and that song is absolutely my primary school years - somebody played the cymbals with a big clang at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love such things <3 It's so amazing place yayayayayay :)

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow, that is a big pumpkin! Makes for a pretty sweet photo op! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun!!! Love these photos, and those pumpkins are amazing. Your dress is perfect for this vegetative event!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a fabulous event, wish there was something like that near me! x
    www.cooking-in-cashmere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow your dress is so pretty, it has the perfect print!!
    -
    Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg those pumpkins are incredible! i mean no wonder cinderella had a pumpkin horse carriage- now it all makes sense haha

    just dicovered your blog, love your style

    ps- i'm having my first giveaway, feel free to check out my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are always so lovely!
    www.adoramehitabel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover