19 Nov 2013

Christmas in a cup

Well pour me a cup of Christmas why don't you? My first thoughts when taking my much-anticipated virgin sip of Teapigs Spiced Winter Red Tea this morning.

Teapigs recently got in touch asking me if I'd be interested in reviewing some of their lovely tea. I am always up for reviewing items that I am interested in but I was very honest in replying that I don't drink tea or coffee- only herbal. Yep that's a little confession of mine. No judgement please! I only drink herbal teas- green, apple, lemon and ginger and chinese tea and that's it.
I've never been a fan of the taste of regular tea or coffee which to some people just seems mad. To that inevitable question, 'cup of tea or coffee Rebecca?', I often to reply "Oh no thanks, but I'll have a glass or water or herbal tea if you have one?". Outcast! But Becky- great name! from Teapigs assured me that their spiced winter red tea was caffeine free and had lots of spices. Perfect! I'm there.
When the big box arrived earlier this week I was extremely excited about cracking it open and having a taste after reading many reviews of people saying nothing but glowing comments about it's festive taste.


I decided to whip out the best china (compliments of Jon's mum Gill!) and make a treat of it. Upon opening the box I was extremely impressed to see that the teabags themselves were the fancy kind- the proper Teapig term for this is 'Tea Temples'.  I can count the amount of times I've had a temple style tea bag and they have always- and I mean ALWAYS- been the best teas I've ever had. The way the tea is brewed in the bag really does give the tea the best taste and what I love is that you can see all the ingredients in their purest form.

So no hidden surprises or filler ingredients you can see everything that the ingredients say on the box straight through the tea temple- Rooibos tea, flavours, orange peel, ginko, orange blossom, cinnamon, ginseng root, cloves and safflower. The smell is incredible you really can smell the orange blossom and the cinnamon especially and with the Christmas baubles out it really did conjure up the feeling of Christmas in the house. You really can taste the high quality and unique array of ingredients in this tea with each sip. On the box it does suggest that you can have it with milk, but for me personally I really don't think you need it. Gill had a cup in the afternoon and she had hers with a little trickle of honey and said that was perfect.


This tea is seriously worth a taste if you love all things Christmas'y or if you love a good fruit/ herbal tea. They also have other flavours too here I'm gonna order myself some of the chocolate flake tea next.

The spiced winter red tea is only £4.49 for 15 teabags which I think it's incredibly fantastic value for money or if you just want to give it a little sample they do smaller packs of 2 for £1.19 which I think make really lovely christmas gifts this time of year if you are on a budget. Maybe tying some decorative ribbon around the adorable little boxes? and picking up a cheap vintage china tea cup from a charity shop for nothing and voila! Which is actually what I'm planning to do for some friends who are tea lovers.


Thank you again to the lovely people at Teapigs for making this such an relaxing and enjoyable product for me to review it really has been a pleasure. Put your feet up ladies and take a sip of christmas in a cup.

They have also given all readers a cheeky 20% code to use on their website simply enter ' XMAS13 ' and you can use this before December. I'd love to know what flavours you have tried if you are already a Teapigs fan or what flavours you'd love to try.


4 comments :

  1. Mmm that tea sounds so delicious. I love a good red tea. All the Christmas-y spices in this one are really intriguing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so gorgeous and I am swooning over that dainty little teacup! I am a sucker for tea that comes in pyramid shaped thingies :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tea Pigs, and would really like to try this :)
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum so delicious <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover