10 Nov 2013

Everybody wants to be a cat...

"Everybody wants to be a cat, because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at...."

Personally I'm more of a dog lover but cats on clothing for me are simply just too cute to pass on! I keep thinking to myself these days...I'm getting a bit older now...am I too old to keep wearing this sort of thing? But you know what? This dress never ever fails to make me happy whenever I wear it. I bought it last year from Romwe and I still love it to pieces. I am a massive fan of velvet as a fabric generally. I simply adore the way it looks, the way it feels and with white collars in winter time it is complete perfection in my eyes. 


It's so nice to be blogging again as it's been just so insanely busy with work and also my skin just hasn't been great either. Winter time isn't a kind season for us eczema sufferers and usually it doesn't bother me but lately it has been worse than usual and it bums me out sometimes when I can't wear the things I really love. A good tip I will say though is cardigans and bracelets like below to cover up the patchy redder parts.
I'm also loving my new boots.  I picked them up for virtually nothing from New Look the other week and not only are they so insanely comfortable but they go with pretty much everything in my winter wardrobe! These spotty Pretty Polly tights are new too.

19 comments :

  1. That is such a sweet dress and you really suit velvet!
    Nice touch with the polka dots tights! :)
    Glad you're back as I love reading your posts! :)
    Diana
    xxx
    http://diasway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that dress! I feel like age is all in the mind - you can wear whatever you want as long as you're confident (plus, it looks adorable on you!) I really need to check out Romwe, I've never bought anything from them but I've heard good things!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute dress! Don't ever feel you are too old to wear something you love!
    Your hair looks lovely too, and I happen to have a bracelet very much like yours with my own name written out in gems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely don't look too old for this awesomely cute cat dress. I think it looks great with your polka dot tights and cool boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! That dress is so cute - it's the sort of quirky thing I would go for. It really suits you - definitely not too old! I've been looking for some boots like that for so long, thank you for the wonderful post. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a wonderful dress! I really do need more velvet in my life! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look, your hair looks amazing as well!

    www.thelondonmum.me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you look beautiful and we are never too old to stop using something we love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so gorgeous, I am in love with your dress! Velvet, a cat face AND a collar? What's not to love :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this dress so much, Rebecca! I'm a huge fan of cats x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore that dress! And the way you styled it is just divine!

    ~xo~

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're definitely not too old for wearing that adorable dress! You look amazing :)

    xoxo

    WWW.ZERXZASTYLE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cat-themed clothing. It's so adorable! And I just love cats in general...haha. I love this classic black and white outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely cat lover and this quote touches me so deeply <3
    You look magic just like always, this dress suits you very well, even if you are dog lover :D <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so lovely. I think cats on clothing are irresistible, and I love this cat dress of yours. And the boots are lovely. Great lighting in these photos!! I'm not sure whether I have some sort of eczema or just sensitivity to dryness, etc. but I toootally hear you on the winter weather bad skin issue!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, this is such an adorable outfit! I'm also more of a dog person but I have a few cute kitty bits because I couldn't say no. <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute outfit! I also really love how your hair is styled. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,

    Wow!! So beautiful place and suite are this? I loved it so much and also give a lots of pleasures to me when I just see it in your blog. I never forget this blog ever who give me an awesome and out standing pictures. Stylish Leggings are more attractive and seemed to be good looking when someone wears it.

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.