19 Dec 2013

London Calling

Saturday was Jon's and my four year anniversary and we had to planned to go into London Town for the day. Jonathan surprised me with tickets to go see "The Book of Mormon"- which by the way was AMAZING! So so funny! We decided to go visit the embankment Christmas market first- which was just insane. Note to those going: do no go on a Saturday!

It was insanely busy, heaving with tourists and families and we couldn't see a thing on any of the stalls. We did manage to get a cheeky hot chocolate and catch a glimpse of a seriously awesome Santa (although the magical illusion and wonder was shattered by his wheeling and dealing of collecting £2 for photos- would the Santa real do that?...hmm)

Dress- Miss Selfridge
Boots- New Look

This is the second time I have worn this dress by Miss Selfrdige. The first time was for the work Christmas party and it it's just perfect for the festive season with all its sequins and beading. I look around at so many 'party dresses' this season -!: Not mention my eczema has been horrendous this winter and I was in desperate need of a dress with long sleeves for a cover up. It is quite the pricey dress but such a worthy investment with its delicate and detailed bead work and sheer loveliness! I think I might wear it on Christmas Day if I'm feeling fancy!


I always forget how incredible london is sometimes. I will admit the city loses its sparkle and allure commuting to and from it everyday for work, but when you take a moment to look at some of the sights you still go "wow, Big Ben really is huge isn't it?!".

x R

8 comments :

  1. The dress is stunning, been wanting one of this style from Miss selfridge for ages!! Glad you had a lovely anniversary even if it was really busy, London on a Saturday, you are a brave girl haha!!

    paigejoanna.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rebecca,

    I'd like to invite you to the Fab Woman Virtual Christmas party, which starts today. Being an online party all you need to do is to turn on your computer, get comfy with a drink, click on my blog anytime after 5pm CET and via the party-post imagine together the best celebration ever! Looking forward to seeing you there. Anami, xx

    www.anamiblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is darling, Rebecca!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fun day out, I'd love to see "The book of Mormon", I love any musical really.
    I really like your coat, I've been looking for a longer coat for awhile that's not black and yours is lovely
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your photography and london
    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh you look gorgeous!!! I love that dress! And I'm so glad you loved Book of Mormon. It is hysterical and totally inappropriate in the best way. I curse the fact that I am neither a black woman nor a white boy for the fact I can never be in it! I want to come visit you! Also, I just remembered I need to write you back. GAH.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is amazing. Really, it definitely struck me. And these pictures are gorgeous.

    xox

    Kalie H.
    kalieandgimli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover