28 Dec 2013

Same old brand new me, 2013


Another year and what a year it has been! I went through the archives of this year and was so surprised to see that I had red hair this year. I completely forgot and actually questioned myself, was that really this year? How time flies! I did a post like this last year and it's one I look forward to, and also seeing other bloggers highlights too! When I sat down and thought about it I decided to do a little youtube video to reflect on it. I haven't done a video in a very long time, so I figured this would be a nice way to break the ice. 



January February March

Now it sounds ridiculous but if i didn't write a diary, instagram and document my life the way I do I really don't think I would of remembered half the stuff that happened earlier this year. I was flicking through my diary and was astonished to see that we had snow earlier this year! How did I completely forget that? It hit us pretty bad in Kent and that meant for me I had a snow day or two off work to go build snowmen which was fun! I went to London Fashion Week and saw some incredible shows. My baby nephew was born and I started making my own clothes.




April May June

I had a magical photoshoot with the incredible Kitty Gallannaugh which was amazing and she took some of my most favourite shots of all time. The beautiful blossom on the trees was out in full bloom and the bluebells came out in my local woodland. I had a social gathering with lots of University friends up north in Newcastle which was really fun! I had my 26th Birthday in Brighton and it rained all day! Alas I was treated to a fabulous lobster lunch and spoiled with lots of lovely gifts. I won the Miss Patina 'Artist Within' competition which was the best surprise ever! I never thought in a million years I would win and I won the most beautiful dress ever! (June dress!). 


July August September

I think from about July onwards I was on a blogging roll, the weather was glorious and I was working flexible hours at Cath Kidston. This meant I could roam about in the local fields after work documenting what I was wearing which was great. I went to Twinwood Festival which I'm not exaggerating was probably one of my biggest highlights of 2013 for me and one of my favourite blog to photograph and write.
October November December

Now from October that's when it got kind of tricky in Cinnamon land, the hours grew shorter, I started a new job and ran out of time to blog. December was a fantastic month as I got to go to the Christmas Bath blogger meet up which was lovely as I got to see lots of fellow bloggers and have a wonder around the market and museum. 

So here's to a new year, a new start and thank you so much to all of you who read The Cinnamon Slipper. You really have no idea what that means to me that you keep coming back time and time again. I have received some really lovely messages and comments from people all over the world in the past year. I treasure so many of your words and I honestly and truly thank you for it!

x Rebecca 


10 comments :

  1. Lovely post miss & really enjoyed the video! You should make more!
    I just adore all your outfits, and since finding you later in the summer you have no doubt been one of my fav bloggers, so I feel so happy that I've got to meet you & I hope PLEASE that we can hang out and get to know each other even more.
    I love your June & September outfits, but I love how laid back your October one is, it still shouts style and beauty without being so in your face. I was so jealous of your poppy field photos too! I wanted to find one, but I never got around to it.

    Thank you for being an amazing read in 2013, I can't wait to follow your through to 2014 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had an incredible year Rebecca! Your blog has done so well too. I don't keep journals but I do record lots of things like a mini summery of each year that includes my favourite movie of the year, highlights of the year, biggest achievements and goals for the next year. I may have been as unsuccessful as you with the latter part! Can't remember what I wrote!

    Happy New Year sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely round-up post! Congratulations on your blog doing so well this year. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see your 2013 outfits summed up. Have a wonderful New Year! 😊

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely summary of your year. I hope 2014 brings you everything you wish and more!

    ~K | bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO many things to say! First of all, I love a good recap and it was so lovely to see all of your wonderful outfits from 2013! Secondly... WHY ARE YOU THE CUTEST THING EVER?!! I loved seeing this video of you!! And you are so sweet to mention me! The feeling is entirely mutual <3 and I totally want to make one of these videos! I'm not sure I'll have time before Wednesday, but I'm sure gonna try! Love love love.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely that so many wonderful things happened for you this year. I am the same, I document everything in diaries as I'm pretty sure I wouldn't remember 80% of the things that I did this year!
    I hope that 2014 is just as good if not better for you and your boy. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always I love your blog! It reminds me of the 90's when I'd get a new fashion magazine and I'd save it for last and read it with such wide eyes and excitement. Your blog is my secret passion of personal indulgence that cheers me up and excites me. Each post is like a little gift. I hope to follow you for many years! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah! Happy New Years malady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it was a great year. I hope 2014 is fantastic! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover