27 Jan 2014

Back to basics

Do my eyes deceive me? Am I? Is she? What? Yes, I'm wearing trousers. One of the only three pairs that I own- Yes I own jogging bottoms for well...jogging and lounging about, but dresses and skirts do it for me 95% of the time. Everyone's got a body hang up mine would have to be my thighs. I'm bottom heavy and I just feel I don't look right in them. "Don't be so stupid! you silly girl" my boyfriend and Mum will say. Call me crazy but we've all got a 'thing' and I guess mine would be that. Wearing heels works wonders if you are short and a little curvier like me, naturally elongating the legs. I was feeling brave that Saturday morning and decided to take the plunge and wear these fabulous trousers I picked up last year in the Miss Selfridge sale. Sometimes it's nice to just strip back and go well...back to basics.

Blouse- Forever 21 Trouser- Miss Selfridge Heels- New Look Necklace- Tatty Devine
I've started going for jogs recently- which has been hard as I really loathe going early in the morning and generally I'm a bit crap at it. But once I'm going I'm fine and also with a decent playlist definitely gets me going. I'm currently updating my jogging playlist right now and decided to add some Ricky Martin to it. 'She bangs' is a good running track right? What are your favourite workout tracks? I'd love to know!

10 comments :

  1. I know how you feel. I feel that I'm quite bottom heavy too, and because I'm short it makes me tend to steer clear of trousers. Heels do seem to help, but let me assure you - you look amazing in pants and have a gorgeous figure! And the ones you are wearing a such a gorgeous pair. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about it, you look great! (I, on the other hand, have no curves in the places a girl should have curves and also hardly a waist, hahaha, oh dear) ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your legs look great! Having a little more muscle on your legs is way more attractive than stick legs anyway. I think these patterned trousers look so nice on you. The pattern is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really different look and I love it!! :) Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome Rebecca! Those trousers are stunning, and look soooo good on you! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look awesome on you!! I feel the same way you do about wearing pants (my "thing" is my tummy, which is why I rock a fit and flare dress so often!), but I think we should both wear them more often :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pants!!! I'm short too, and curvy :) I enjoy working out or dancing to EDM for the most part. Krafty Kuts! Funkanomics! DJ Icey, Stanton Warriors to name a few!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pants!!! I'm short too, and curvy :) I enjoy working out or dancing to EDM for the most part. Krafty Kuts! Funkanomics! DJ Icey, Stanton Warriors to name a few!

    ReplyDelete
  9. But you look so great in pants!! :) I feel you though. I have the same insecurity. I've even done so much research on workouts that can give me a thigh gap. Hehe. But i figured my body really isn't hardwired to have a thigh gap so i just changed my fitness.

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover