25 Jan 2014

I left my heart at Ladurée

I simply adore days just like the one I just had on Wednesday. Perfect company, a few rays of sunshine, a slight chill in air, tasty sweet treats, giggles and then the evening going to the cinema with Jonathan. I had the pleasure that day of meeting up with the wonderful Kitty once again. If you're not already familiar with Miss Gallannaugh's work then be sure to take a peek here. In short her work and creative vision is nothing short of breathtaking and pure magic. I met Kitty in the Spring of last year on a shoot and I simply clicked with her straight away. I simply adore her company, she really is such a kind and gentle soul with a wonderful outlook on life and is so easy to talk to.

We went to have cakes and cocktails at Covent Garden's Ladurée. I've been to one in Paris where I got macaroons to go (it's all about the salted caramel) and the Harrods one but never taken the time to sit in and really soak up the Ladurée Parisian experience. When arriving we had the option to either dine inside or out; as the sun came out that very moment and we were feeling adventurous we dined outside and it was perfect. 
The menu is quite extensive and incredibly difficult to choose from because everything sounds amazing!  After a lot of painstaking deliberation we went with non-alcoholic, delightfully refreshing and sweet apple mojitos to start followed by cakes. Kitty had a chocolate eclair and I went for a fresh raspberry patisserie filled with a rich passion fruit creme. I highly recommend if you ever go to try that one as it really was like a little slice of heaven on a plate. (My mouth just watered a little writing the description of that!).  Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard...



Shirt- Ebay Dress- Terminal D Satchel- Camden Market

13 comments :

  1. Sounds like a perfect day! I would love to visit Ladurée - it's top of my list for when I next go to Paris/London. The food looks divine! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a dream day, I'd love to visit Covent garden again soon! The cakes and your outfit are absolutely lovely!
    Emma xx thewallflowerwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Laduree's salted caramel macaroons! Looks like you had a practically perfect day, and that non-alcoholic sweet apple mojito sounds amazing! I love your shirt too, so gorgeous! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literally utterly beautiful photos Miss! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to stop living such a wonderful life! Either that, or take me with you ;)

    Your coat is absolutely devine

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like such a lovely day Becca :) And those cakes look absolutely delicious, I'm definitely adding this cute little cafe to my list of places to visit in the near future xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks delicious! It looks like so much fun, I am incredibly jealous! :D

    http://technicolourdreamer.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a lovely time. I would very much love to have a visit one day. Those sweets look too good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos, my friend!! I wish I were there with you (and sampling those yummy treats)!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those macarons are making me hungry! Haha. You look so lovely. ♡

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I must visit xx
    www.adoramehitabel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my girl you are living a dream! There's nothing better than enjoying something so sweet with best company (: You lucky girl!

    xoxo

    WWW.ZERXZASTYLE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowsers! Looks lovely!! Love the lips blouse too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover