2 Feb 2014

Spirited away

I woke up this morning to most the beautiful rays of sunshine. I almost forgot what it felt like to have sunshine, until I experienced that lovely feeling of when you lie in bed and get woken up by the golden rays peeping through the blinds. I just hoped and prayed it would stay out long enough for me to get some shots and low and behold it did. I had been pining for this beautiful dress from Ever Ours since I saw it on their Instagram pages ages ago. At only £25 this dress is an absolute bargain and as if that wasn't great enough it's even more lovely on.

I simply adore embroidery on clothing and these beautiful red roses on the bodice are a cute addition.
The delicate floaty waterfall-cut chiffon skirt was blowing away in the wind and it felt like a dream just being in the sunlight once again. I loved shooting this outfit with Jonathan, even when I managed to catch my nude tights and ripped them all the way down! Thank goodness at least it wasn't the dress!). Ever the professional though I quickly whipped them off and soldiered on!





Also keeping me company in the field today was my new hat from ASOS. My old fedora- may he rest in peace- has seen better days. It was proving a little too small and battered and with the ribbon constantly moving and coming away it was time for a new one. I'd had my eye on this new one for ages and treated myself to it as a pay day treat; I don't know why I didn't get it sooner as it's simply perfect!








Dress- Ever Ours Hat- ASOS Boots- Bertie and Gertie ASOS Market Place Bag- Vintage





I look forward to many more days of sunshine like this!

27 comments :

  1. These photos are so dreamy, and you're looking bloody stunning lady! I wish I'd made the most of the sun today - these photos look positively summery! That dress is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous lady on a gorgeous day in a gorgeous dress! :)
    I love Ever Ours! Kim is the loveliest person and her taste in amazingly priced dresses and accessories is right up my alley! :)
    You look amazing and great choice of hats! :)
    xxx
    http://diasway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are amazing Rebecca, you always take them in the most lovely places. The Ever Ours dress is so cute! I remember being tempted to purchase this one too when I saw it on their website :) I hope you had a lovely weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so pretty! I'm hesitant to try these style dresses as I don't think they will suit my shape :/ never mind :) Your photos look lovely too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are gorgeous and so is your dress! I love the embroidered roses on it and that hat you're wearing looks perfect with it. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look incredible Rebecca! I adore that dress, so darn gorgeous! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not really a fan of embroidered items but this dress is such a dream! I should have got my butt dressed and popped out today to enjoy the sun but it's just too cold when the skies are clear.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hat. I have on myself, but I never have the balls to actually wear it. Everyone always comments on it and I get all embarrassed, nice to grow a pair!

    Either way, you look great. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are fantastic. They look like they should accompany a country music video! :) The shoot is great and that dress looks incredibly soft. You also managed to make February look like summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these photos are so dreamy and I love that dress. love the miyazaki reference too! :)
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that dress. These photos are so whimsical. I found myself longing for summer. ♡

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh these photos are gorgeous, my friend!!! I love the roses on the dress. And you look stunning as always! So dreamy.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are so pretty! I love how you've styled the dress, it looks great with the boots and cool fedora! Mine has been a saviour for the bad hair days - which has been every day recently! It gets so tangled in the wind! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos :) Love your outfit, that dress looks so gorgeous on you :)x

    The Belle Narrative - Enter my fabulous MAC Makeup Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are just so lovely <3 and that dress! You're such a babe x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! you look so cute!, love the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty dress! You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a great blog and your style is just amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dress is beautiful! <3

    Sybille
    http://thenewnewgirl.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha- I found your blog via Soubrette Brunette's where she is talking about an embroidered dress too.

    I love this entire outfit and photo shoot. That dress is so lovely, especially the roses, but to me what makes it is the way the entire look goes together with itself and with the backdrop to create a bohemian spring mood.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These photos are STUNNING! Love the look, makes me long for sunshine (so much snow here)
    Love your blog! New follower via bloglovin!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  22. These photos look like they should be in a magazine, such a dreamy outfit and gorgeous lighting and scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This look totally reminds me of that brand Free People ! *_* You look so free and wild <3 I love it!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh these are such pretty photos!!!the lighting is great. i just adore the flowers on the bodice and the way the wind whips your skirt around. i love winter, but your photos are making me long for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this dress is incredibly lovely.
    i just check ever ours and all of their dresses are so cute.. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover