28 Feb 2014

Swap Shop Party

Monday was such a fantastic evening and the wonderful Paige invited me as her plus one for the Voucher Code Swap Shop Party. Paige, Adora and I all met up with our unwanted goods in hope of finding some new and exciting buried treasure. All you had to do was bring along five items of clothing, accessories or shoes to swap in exchange for stamps for other peoples clothes. Your clothes got rated different stamps for what brand they were and condition etc. I brought along quite a mixed bag of stuff that I previously loved and managed to rack up lots of lovely stamps.

We ate cupcakes- (well I did!) fried chicken from Mother Clucker, scanned through the rails and we all managed to find some incredible goodies. I got the most gorgeous pair of red patent shoes, two dresses, a jacket, a coat, a maxi skirt and I picked up fellow gal pal blogger Becky Bedbug's old red hat!

It was such a fantastic evening and I was so impressed with the food, music, photobooth- yes we all got a little bit too excited by the unlimted amount you could print! Not only that, it was a very special chance to finally meet up with Paige after writing letters and having been in touch since last year. We all got stuck in towards the end of the evening with some embellishment set up by 'Pinned it! Made it' team with customising some tights with jewels and beads. Paige and Adora designed cat tights, where I went for a more plainer look. Which I have actually worn since and really loved the results.

I think what I loved most about the event and what I found so satisfying was seeing other people with my old clothes. Some old dresses that have now gone onto a new home where they will be loved and cherished all over again. x

9 comments :

  1. I love this idea! I want to have my own swap party now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a blast! I wish that existed here :) your outfit, what I could see, looked pretty. I can't wait to see your new items in future blogs! Have a great weekend!! Oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fantastic idea! I love your blog ... I want to find the time to go back and read it all from the beginning, it's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's MEEEEE! I had no idea that dude was behind me in the photo haha! It was such a great night!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a brilliant idea, I would LOVE to do this with some of my clothes that don't fit me - you are so lucky to live where there are a lot of bloggers and you can do things like this :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a great event!! So much fun <3

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like such a great way to meet new lovely people and get your hands on some fab finds! Wish this event would be possible in Yorkshire as well! Feel like I'm missing out on so much by living so far away! :( Thanks for sharing your experience though, might inspire some blogger around here to come together and get something similar set up!
    PS: I absolutely love the gingham Primark skirt! Lucky again to have a Primark so close! :)
    xxx
    http://diasway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had known about this before! I have so many clothes to get rid of and some that are really vintage designers.

    I love how you've photographed the night. Your pictures are always very individual, but these just capture a completely different angle to what I would have shot!

    Glad you had a lovely night :)

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a fun event! I love the pin it made it idea! x

    amuchprettierpuzzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover