15 Mar 2014

"A host of golden daffodils"

So here they are, my outfit photos from last week's picnic with the girls in Hyde Park. It really was the most perfect day in terms of weather, company and food. As I said previously we took an insane amount of photos so it only seemed right to put my outfit shots in a separate post. I made this dress last summer and it's still one of my favourites. The fabric cost next to nothing and I had to make do with what I had as I only bought just enough to make the dress. I made up my own bodice- which I'm quite pleased with- and went for a more flared skirt. I'm still in the process of making some new dresses which I really must finish.

sunshine15

Dress- Handmade | Hat- Garden Centre | Shoes- Ju Ju Jellies | Necklace- Gift from Sammi (Forever 21)
sunshine24sunshine23sunshine25 sunshine22 sunshine21 sunshine16 sunshine14 sunshine13 sunshine12 sunshine11

Thanks to Adora for taking these photos which turned out so summery and lovely, I simply adore daffodils and the bunch Paige bought me as a gift that day are still blooming and sitting happily in my living room. London has had sunshine so many days this week that I've been able to bring out my Ju Ju jellies once more. I bought these last year and I simply adore wearing them, they really take me back to my childhood of when I constantly lived in my Woolworth's pair as a kid. Hoping you're enjoying the beginining of spring wherever you are. x

7 comments :

  1. Absolutely spectacular Rebecca! That dress is just so lovely! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, especially with the daffodils and sunshine. Hope you had a lovely time, you look beaut x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress looks very well made, a really nice shape too. I've been thinking of making my own dress and skirt... it's on my resolutions list for this year ;)

    I love the juju jellies, I've been thinking about grabbing a pair for myself.

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so pretty, and I love the cute quirky fabric print! I really want to start making my own dresses again. I need to get better at sewing!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so darling! I love daffodils an insane amount, and your dress is just adorable. I can't pull off those Juju sandals!! I ordered them a while back and was weirdly between sizes, but they also just looked SO odd on my feet! I'll have to live vicariously. And the little apple necklace from my giveaway!! It looks so cute!! I'm so glad you're putting things to good use :)

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous photos great setting (I love daffodils!) and that dress is fab - you even matched the lady swimmers around the back - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures, last weekend was perfect weather wise. I must ask where you got the fabric, I've seen several bloggers making dresses with it and I really like it- swimming is my favourite!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover