19 Mar 2014

C'est la Vie

Since my discovery of prettier, more flattering treasures, denim jeans have gradually slunk from the limelight of my wardrobe; like a rose after summer, like JLS after 1D, like Woody after Buzz. Denim jackets however are another matter; they always have and always will be a classic staple piece to have lying close to hand in your wardrobe. I picked this one up at the voucher code swap shop party and figured- why not? All it costed me was a few clothes I was bored of and as I said, who doesn't love a denim jacket?! If it's good enough for Shania Twain it's good enough for me!

Jacket- Swap Shop/ Topshop | Dress- Forever 21 | Bag- Primark | Sneakers- New Look | Sunglasses- Primark | Scarf- Vintage


If I'm being honest my first choice would have been a light denim jacket but hey, swappers can't be choosers. It's not necessarily what I'd usually wear so a bit out of my usual cardigan comfort zone but I teamed it that day with an old dress from forever 21. I honestly don't know what look I was channelling this particular day. I was going for a comfy-relaxed style with sneakers, head scarf and minimal makeup, free to roam around by the water and munch down on chips and bacon sandwiches. Mmm....

I was feeling quite confident until my younger sister Elizabeth said to me when I picked her up in the car "Oh hey Beck, nice look. You planning on being the fifth member of B*witched?" At that moment Jon and I both started laughing. It was the first thing she said and she was spot on. I don't know if you were as bewitched as we were but I had all their albums and the video for 'c'est la vie' still makes me laugh to this very day.

Personal favourite moments are 'I fight like my dad as well" and the Irish dance break- naturally- which is a nice contrast to today's equivalent, 'twerking' (OK now I sound really old!- I actually happen to rather like Miley Cyrus but B*witched are in a whole other league!). So it's always nice to mix things up and try new things. I'm a firm believer in that. Maybe try buying a B*witched album? Maybe try twerking? Maybe not...

16 comments :

  1. Love the photos and reminiscing on b*witched - i certainly remember them! Think it was the first CD my sister ever bought, spent many summer days dancing to them! ;)

    Also your out fit is really cute. I've never owned a denim jacket before (gasp shock horror) i guess cause I generally live in jeans and don't wanna do the erroneous double denim! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you look so adorable! Love that denim jacket so much ♡♡♡

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit and you are so right if the denim jacket is good enough for Shania it is definitely good enough for me.
    Carlee
    Little Sloth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a bit of 90's revival! :) I still don't know how to style denim jackets--a little too scared of messing it up.

    As someone with a short-legged dog though, I love your necklace! Where did you get it from? :O

    Demi
    http://carbonchic.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit, and I think the dark denim looks brilliant!
    Rosie x
    Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cute outfit, I'm a sucker for heart shaped accessories so I'm loving those sunnies! I've always got time for 90's fashion, I love a bit of nostaglia! Best decade, in my opinion! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! You always look amazing Rebecca, and I adore those sunglasses! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorable (I love the sunnies)! And I died at the B*witched comment. Amazing.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sunglasses are just fantastic!
    So glad I have stumbled across your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely outfit Rebecca :) I especially love the cute sunglasses and necklace! Denim jackets are a great staple in wardrobe's I think, I would love to buy a new one for Summer as mine has shrunk a little bit and I don't particulary want to have an Incredible Hulk moment and break out of it one day soon haha :) C'est La Vie is an amazing song, it always makes me feel so nostalgic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're too cute! I love the fact you are wearing ruffly socks with tennies. Adorbs!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to comment and say "PLEASE tell me you chose this title because of the B*Witched denim thing" but turns out you did. This makes me very happy. By the way, if you listen to the lyrics of that song now, it's ridiculously dirty. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours". Well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. jeans is so fashionable this season & you look so lovely <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha, I can definitely see the resemblance. Definitely a compliment :)

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sunglasses, your style is so so cute xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover