18 Mar 2014

Home is where the heart is

Cath Kidston, a woman after my own heart. She is the epitome of quirky and modern day vintage that never fails to excite. When I was invited to come along to their special 'safari party' last week it took me by such complete surprise that I wasn't even prepared that day with my trusty camera. I came straight from work with nothing but my bulky laptop and a smile! I was gratefully saved by Adora who came to my rescue as my plus one and camera queen! I had at that point been unable to visit the brand new flagship store that opened on Piccadilly. It was closed after hours and we were free to forage and roam like modern day vintage raccoons; this was simply the perfect opportunity to photograph and explore.

cath15
cath17cath3cath1cath19cath7cath18cath13cath6cath12cath10cath9cath8cath4cath5cath14cath3cath2cath11cath16

The most adorable meringues were put out to eat with a lovely array of flavours- I personably loved the passion fruit ones the most! 

Safari style music was mixed through modern music by the DJ and it really added to the buzzing atmosphere. The new safari print is simply adorable and audible 'ooh's and 'aah's could be heard from groups of enraptured girls exploring the store. I've already spotted over a dozen things I want to treat myself to this coming season, which I know will be perfect for those summer months.

What blew me away at 180 Piccadilly was the visual merchandising of the store. It was simply marvellous- I'd go as far to say it was one of the best I've ever seen from a high street store in a very long time. From the vintage teacup display on the wall, to a bath tub filled with toiletry bags, to the gleaming vintage car and a wall adorned with beautiful mirrors, the team at Cath had spared no expense or inspiration in the store's wonderful new exhibition. Every corner, every space is graced with perfect attention to detail. Having visited over 8 stores in my time and worked in one of them this one is now a firm favourite and so if you are a Cath Kidston fan this store is one not be missed on your travels. 

11 comments :

  1. Cath Kidston is my favourite! This store looks incredible, if only I lived closer to London :-( Jenna x

    fairyintheblossomtree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This store looks so amazing :) I love the new safari prints too. My boyfriend bought be a stunning Garden Birds holdall for Christmas which I'm using as hand luggage when we go to California next week, and I can't wait to show it off... almost as much as I can't wait to go in the tax-free Cath Kidston store in Heathrow!!

    Rosie x
    Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need Kath Kidston shops to come to Australia! I want that lamp SO much, I'd buy one for me and one for my grandma too :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah what a beauty of a store! Just look at all the pretty things!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! I do love Cath Kidston :) especially that lamp! Gorgeous.
    xo

    iamlaurenpotts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt!! It's perfect for this, and I wish we had Cath Kidston stores here!!! Love.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, how adorable are all these stuff <3 I wish I had your skirt <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love cath kidston visual merchandising too, it's just perfect!
    abi from a little dust

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love your skirt!! I can only drool at Cath Kidston products from afar.

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG That looks so perfect!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited to have found somewhere here in Belgium that sells Cath Kidston goodies!! And it's in the small little town I live it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover