25 Mar 2014

Mustang Sally

I don't know why but for some reason whenever I wear this dress the song 'Mustang Sally' by The Commitments seems to plays a loud in my head. Is that just completely insane? But you know what? It just does as this dress for me is quite the fabulous little number. This particular dress by Viviene of Holloway really isn't one for the faint hearted. It's one of those 'occasional' dresses that comes out only once in a while because it's so out there but always makes an impression! These are the next series of shots from my retro shoot that I did with the beautiful Adora taken by her Mummy Elizabeth.
  spinningaround5spinningaround8
Adora- Lemon Dress- Primark | Shoes- Ebay | Me-Red Dress- Viviene of Holloway | Heels- New Look   
spinningaround4 spinningaround2 spinningaround1 spinningaround3 spinningaround7 spinningaround6

This shoot was so much fun and I simply loved styling Adora in all my vintage and retro gear. That girl suits any style of clothing you put on her! Not to mention she's a dream to photograph too! In between me posing I couldn't resist whipping out my camera too and taking some stunning shots of her (Which she'll share on her blog too!). 

I simply adore wearing retro style dresses as they instantly put me a fantastic mood- I would highly recommend it if you're feeling a bit rubbish one day! Whip out the red lippy, a swing dress and a petticoat and I guarantee you'll be feeling fantastic in no time! x

14 comments :

  1. So unbelievably gorgeous, and that song always pops in my head when I'm wearing something retro! Hehe! These photos of you two are SO stunning.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING PHOTOS!!! I love both of your dresses so much, and of course you managed to find such a pretty location! I always love it when bloggers take photos of cute houses - and I admire your nerve too - I've always wanted to take outfit photos in front of a pretty house but get toooo stressed about being told off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic, Rebecca! I love the pinup look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca you looks absolutely stunning! I need to invest in a Viv dress it seems!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! You do realise we're all going to be spending our day singing "Mustang Sally" now don't you? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look incredible, that red dress just looks spectacular on you Rebecca! Just magical girl! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both look amazing ladies! Those dresses are stunning and colorfull. It's really a pleasure just to watch those pictures. Red suit you really well Hun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I need a petticoat. Bad. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for your sweet words! Was so lovely shooting with you! Love to do more shoots with you in the future for each other's blogs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wore a Vivienne of Holloway dress to prom and I loved it! Surprisingly all the guys did too :) gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Cool little series of picture in front of a house I assume really beautiful by its colour.
    Great idea!
    Xxx
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You both look so gorgeous and retro! I just love both of your dresses. The twirling pictures are adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the red polka dot dress beautiful and retro! thanks for sharing

    http://jacobandmeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover