11 Mar 2014

Pull up a cherry

I am so excited to finally share with you some of the photos from the shoot I did with Adora a few weeks back. She asked me if I wanted to take part in a retro shoot for her University course mate Nasia's project. Nasia was going for a rockabilly style vibe and asked if I would bring along different clothing and accessories. Being a massive vintage and retro style lover it was a no-brainer really and I brought along a Mary Poppins suitcase of outfits and dresses for us to choose from.

We were so incredibly lucky that day with the weather as the sky was beautiful and clear with not a drop of rain in sight. Adora and I headed to the fabulous Notting Hill (which is a favourite location of ours) as it provided the perfect whimsical backdrop for our shoot. I purchased this cherry print dress from Modcloth ages ago in the Valentines Day sale and was originally saving it for a sunny day, but the shoot seemed like a perfect opportunity to give it a whirl.




Dress- Modcloth | Shoes- Office | Hair Clip- Twinwood Festival | Petticoat- Ebay


The photos were taken by Adora's Mummy- Elizabeth aka, 'photographer extraordinaire' Elizabeth- who takes all of Adora's blog photos- and she was simply wonderful to shoot with. We did have quite the audience of people staring i.e: a group of builders across the street!). Adora's beautiful blue dress she got from a boot fair and the white shoes she's wearing are from EBay. Stay tuned and stay fabulous for more soon. x

19 comments :

  1. These are some beautiful pictures. You two girls both look so pretty and they are very cute retro dresses, as is the backdrop cute. Love your shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so wonderful Rebecca! I love both yours and Adora's outfits, they are super lovely! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look amazing! All these pictures are just so so stunning! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! So lucky that you had a photographer who doesn't care! My boyfriend gets all embarrassed when people start to look!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos, both of you girls are wearing such amazing outfits and everything from your hair to your shoes is perfection :3 I really dislike it if people stand around and stare when I'm taking blog photos - it's a pretty invasive thing for someone to do I think, quite rude. Lucky these photos turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually can't get over how perfect these photos are and stunning! <3 you girls look beautiful, jealous muchhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the location choice as well. It looks so perfectly matching whilst being a little different from the classic 50s cafe shoot. It also looks like it just stepped out of 500 days of Summer. You both look like you are having a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all these photos- looks like such a fun shoot!! Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. a really beautiful shoot! you both look lovely and the dress is super pretty and so are the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these photos are absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just crazy stunning shots! I can't get over it. So pretty, and get Adora for having a photographer- she's certainly worked wonders here. I love this look on you, rock it so well <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful!! Floored by this awesome shoot. ♡♡♡

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is too sweet! I actually have this dress but I love how you styled it with the flower in your hair. I neeeeeed to get a petticoat to go with it. And the photos are so beautiful - that little yellow door!
    xoxo, Lindsey Dish
    thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The beading on the dress is beautifully and detailed. The material is smooth and of high quality. It has "weight" to it. I cannot believe the deal I got!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best outfit post ever! I am SO in love with the dress and the backdrop too! I can never get enough of yellow!

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally got a chance to read this!! Such gorgeous photos. So in love with the styling.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This dress is soooo cute and I love the red petticoat underneath. Amazing pics.

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover