19 Apr 2014

Gold Rush

Last weekend I couldn't be more excited for. My girlfriends and I had planned for ages to have our next meet-up in Blackpool. Last time it was down south so this time we decided to go north for Holly. I think it was me that suggested Blackpool- seaside, tacky shops, arcades and a giant Primark. What we weren't prepared for was how cold it was. Seriously it was absolutely freezing. Every the country that weekend was beautiful and warm. In Blackpool it was not. Even so we had a fantastic time laughing, catching up, eating chips and doughnuts and wondering around the arcades.

As you can probably tell from the state of my hair it was very very windy that day. I was on the look out for a really grimey amusement arcade and kept saying to the girls "the seedier and more old school it is, the better". We found this one and it was perfect for what I had in mind. I was also finally able to shoot my new 'Rebecca' necklace I received from 'Onecklace' over a week ago. You cannot understand how obsessed I am with this necklace. I've worn it pretty much every single day since I received it.

goldrush11
Cropped Shirt- Heyday! Vintage Style | Skirt- Primark | Sneakers- Newlook |
Satchel- Cambridge Satchel | Necklace- Onecklace
goldrush6goldrush4goldrush8goldrush9goldrush2goldrush3goldrush7

I was over the moon to be asked by Onecklace if I wanted to select a necklace as I used to have one. I bought a 'Carrie Style' one 7 years ago from Argos, the chain broke and it's been sitting in my jewellery box ever since. As some of you know I am a massive Sex and the City geek. I mean serious geek. At University like the fool I am I bought the DVD boxset impulsively one day and then had no food money for the rest of the week. What an idiot! but you know what? It was the best investment I made because we watched it non stop for two years. I love the fashion, the stories, the relationships it's still one of my favourite TV series till this day- that and Friends.

There were several different styles on the website to choose from but for me it had the be the Carrie font and in gold. I selected the smaller chain length too of 16" so it sits highers on the collar bone just like Carrie's. They have kindly given all readers of The Cinnamon Slipper a lovely 10% off you too should want anything from their website. Just quote cinnamonslipper Happy shopping! x

16 comments :

  1. BEAUTIFUL photos and such a cool location too! Love the gingham and floral combination!!! That name necklace is lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the vegas of the north :D Great pictures - they look like they belong in a magazine .. LOVE it!!!

    Loving that skirt also!!!

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos such a lovely styled shoot, I really love the outfit

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swoon! That outfit is too adorable for words. The whole shoot is so fetching. Adding this in my inspiration folder for sure. ♡♡♡

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are just stunning Rebecca, so darn gorgeous girl x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos, and I'm so glad Onecklace gave you a necklace, too! I really love mine. And I just knew you were a SATC & Friends fan :) :) two of the best shows around, even now!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit - that skirt is so pretty! And the pictures are really nice. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty look, I'm always on the hunt for casual combinations that don't compromise on looking (and feeling) cute!

    Lulu - http://candyappledarling.blogspot.com
    (ps. that skirt's from Primark? really? omggggg!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't resist popping to the arcade when I have the chance. So many childhood memories!

    Gorgeous skirt too btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your outfit is amazing! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos. I too am SATC mad. My 18th Birthday was themed it and was incredible!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. you game girl <3 you look so lovely & sweet so i could cuddle you ! the dress is magic!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pics are gorgeous! I want to try a 50s look now ooh la la x


    La Dulcie Vita
    or follow via bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. The necklace is fab and it is on my wishlist now! 10% off will definitely come in handy as well, thank you for that! :)
    The skirt is a dream come true and again I must stress on how unreal I find the fact that York still has no Primark!!!!
    Anyway, great choice of outfit!
    Diana
    xxx
    http://diasway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely outfit, Rebecca! You look beautiful, so chic and vintage!

    www.FashionContainer.com
    xx, Malena

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover