5 Jun 2014

Discovering Kefalonia

I get butterflies whenever I scroll and look through my holiday photos. I treasure holidays away with Jon so much, they really are such a joy and I wish we could go away on more! One of our favourite holiday things to do is always go on a day tour of the place we are staying in. Luckily for us the island had one and it was called 'Discovering Kefalonia' and we jumped at the chance. The weather was perfect for my new lemon dress which is actually an old Primark number! I adore fruit prints in the summer and this is my second lemon-printed dress (eBay had one and I snapped it up for a juicy price!). I had a bit of an embarrassing situation with it though.

lemontree11lemontree3

I was trying it on and it fit great but I couldn't for the life of me get it off. I stood in my room for ages trying to wriggle out of it. I tried everything and as a last resort I had to get a pair of scissors and physically cut myself out of it! Yikes! So I had to install a zipper- which worked out for the best really- and now it's even better!

lemontree12lemontree22lemontree21lemontree20lemontree19lemontree18lemontree17lemontree16lemontree15
lemontree14

The island tour involved a trip to the nunnery, wine tasting, the Melissani Cave (with an undergound, bright blue lake), the Drogarati Cave and lunch in Argostoli, a beautiful city in which we saw a beautiful turtle right next to the harbour!

Another little thing I just have to share with you is my latest obsession: my new satchel from Cath Kidston. This has become my favourite day bag, which I chose mainly for the size, as well as the amazing print. Carrying around a DSLR camera and extra lenses does have its disadvantages- small bags simply don't cut it. Carrying around such precious cargo and other things too ie: bottle of water, scarf, cardigan, lip balm, suncream and maps on our day out called for a bigger bag than my much-loved (but in this case, useless) owl camera case. Since I've got home it's been my work bag too- and it passed the ultimate bag test; my laptop fits in it perfectly! Yay!

lemontree13
lemontree10
lemontree1
lemontree2
lemontree6
lemontree7
lemontree9
lemontree8

Dress- Primark (Ebay) | Sandals- Saltwater |  Satchel- C/O Cath Kidston |

lemontree4
lemontree5 Shop the look

13 comments :

  1. Looks beautiful, it's my sister's favourite place in the world and she actually got engaged there and then had her honeymoon there. I'm yet to go but its definitely on my list!

    I used to have that very same Primark dress, unfortunately it no longer fits :(

    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh these photos are beautiful, and I love that lemon dress on you!! I'm living vicariously SO hardcore right now :) :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such adorable pictures- love that dress! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really am in such awe of your pictures every time you pop up a new blogpost!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is so so pretty Rebecca. Looks like you had a wonderful little adventure, your photography is just spectacular too x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got butterflies when I scroll your photos and omg what you must feel when you actually were there! so jealous <33 the photos are MAGIC

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so funny, I've literally just posted a lemon body suit fashion post. I love your holiday photos. They're all so gorgeous. I can't wait to use my camera in Croatia at the end of this month!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dress! I had to cut myself out of a pair of shorts once...everyone has to do it sometimes haha!

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing dress, delicious food, happy faces... What can I say? If that ain't paradise I don't know what fucking is! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I had to cut myself out of a dress once.. and it was vintage D:

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been toying with the idea of going to Kefalonia next year and this post has just convinced me! Your photo's are absolutely gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kefalonia is one of the best places I want to visit.
    holidays Kefalonia

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover