9 Jul 2014

Oh momma, I wanna go surfin'

I couldn't wait to wear this adorable two piece by a lovely new brand I discovered on Instagram called 'Lily and the Lamplight'. I can't even remember how I found it, I think I was just browsing the 'Explore' part of Instagram and found it there! I instantly fell in love with this adorable print. I messaged the lovely designer and asked very kindly if she wouldn't mind making the shorts into a skirt for me- As I figure I'd get more wear out it that way. Everything is handmade to order which I love, just like other brands I love and support such as Mod Dolly. It's so important to support creative brands like this as the quality and creativity you get is really quite wonderful and rare.

Surf
Surf2
surf9
Surf3
Two Piece- Lily and the Lamplight | Sneakers- New Look | Satchel- Camden Market
surf5
surf7
surf4
surf8
surf6

I felt this location was perfect for this look- even though it's actually canoes not surf boards, but you get the idea! It's at the local scout camp and so there were people wandering past with all their camping gear wondering why I was hanging around their canoes. Apologies for how horrendous my hair looks- it's like a really bad ombre job (it's actually from where my hair used to be red). It's in desperate need of a re-dye but having such long hair means it is such a mission to home dye sometimes so I never get round to it. Looking at these snaps though has definitely given me the motivational wake up call to do it now!

I am loving two-pieces at the moment and the possibilities that come with them. Lots of jumpers, cardigans, shirts and trousers can suddenly find a new lease of life when you mix and match them with a good two-piece (I even bought a pair of jeans!) Oh the possibilities!


15 comments :

  1. Oh, I absolutely love this. The fabric is perfect, I'm just never going to be brave enough for a two piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That two piece is spectacular, such a gorgeous print x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so stinking cute!! I always love these two piece co-ords but I don't think I can pull them off. Totally adorable on you, though.

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Co-Ord is absolutely STUNNING, I love the print so much! It's so lovely.
    You look so lovely as usual! Your photos are so prettttty.

    Kelly from | DayDreams & DaisyChains

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blooming love this two-piece, the pattern is perfect! Beautiful x

    cat // je suis cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep doing what you're doing! I look forward to viewing your posts!!

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This two piece is so cute and the location is just perfect. I know what you mean about home dying, I just got of my hair chopped off as it was such a task! have a great weekendx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutest play suit ever!!! I love the print so much, so so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh rebecca ! you are so beautiful! but yay i can't stop looking at that set ! <3 it's just amazing! and the photos, so beautiful!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this two piece is so so beautiful, the location matches it perfectly too :) Just looking at the brand now, everything is lovely <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this little two piece so cute! The backdrop is perfect too!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the print of that two piece so much! It is stunning. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a mega cute outfit!
    I love the print :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. This matching set is absolutely adorable. I can't get enough of them lately! I love the quirky beachy print on yours!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the toe piece, fab that they're all handmade
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover