28 Jul 2014

You can learn a lot of things from the flowers

When people say that a brand has been a constant presence in their lives, it's often either exaggeration or nostalgia. Laura Ashley on the other hand has without doubt been one of the most unwavering and much-loved brands of the last two centuries, adored equally from one generation to the next. My mum was a massive fan of the brand and I was lucky to be dressed in the famous dresses and matching Alice bands as a young girl. When Laura Ashley got in touch saying they wanted to me to style some of their clothing I was over the moon. My style challenge was to style these floral trousers and select another item of clothing to accompany them. I have had my eye on this blue lobster cardigan forever and was waiting desperately for it to come down in the sale (It now has!) I opted for a larger size of 14 as I like my cardigans to be more boyfriend fit and to hang loosely on those chiller Summer nights.

lauraashley10
lauraashley14

Trousers- C/O Laura Ashley | Lobster Cardigan- C/O Laura Ashley |
Bardot Top- Topshop | Bag- ASOS (Gifted from Sammi!)

lauraashley13

This particular day I was going for a more relaxed summer look complete with a Bardot crop top from Topshop, chunky block heels and the loose fitting cardigan. For me, pretty printed trousers are my favourite and I always favour them over plain, usually keeping the top part simple with a shirt for work or a casual blouse.

lauraashley11
lauraashley9
lauraashley7
lauraashley3
lauraashley2
lauraashley1
lauraashley8
lauraashley5
lauraashley15

Now as lots of you know I have a love/hate relationship with trousers but in the past year have branched out and bought 2 pairs and a pair of jeans too. I think being pear-shaped has left me paranoid about my thighs (I know I'm being totally ridiculous; we've all got our body hang ups and I guess that's mine!) but I ordered a size 12 in these and when I was trying them on, held my breath. Luckily they fit perfectly, with plenty of give and stretch so I could actually bend down (simple things)! The trousers have a lovely stretchy elastane finish which is the ultimate figure-forgiving fabric, perfect if you struggle with dancer calves and climbers' legs like me! I felt so confident wearing these and have since several times with flip flops, sneakers and heels; only Laura Ashley can take a pair of trousers and make them beautiful, comfortable and timeless all at once.

8 comments :

  1. Just spectacular Rebecca, utterly divine x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are such a joy to look at!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the trousers...they really suit you!!:) Are they on the Laura Ashley website? I would love to try a pair myself! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trousers are gorgeous on you and I love the wildflower backdrop!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing you in trousers, it's so funny though as you always wear such gorgeous and statement dresses. Love the print, and the photos are just so dreamy xx

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed this post! Gorgeous photography :)

    ♡ Heidi || www.thebritishteen.blogspot.com/ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. These trousers are so cute and pretty, they really suit you Rebecca :) I remember being treated to a skirt and top co-ord from Laura Ashley when I was younger and I litterally lived in it as I loved it so much! They have such a lovely selection in there xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is my favourite look of yours <3 i love the floral print & charming top <3 wow the photographs are also cool - the light is breath taking !
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover