31 Aug 2014

Cadillac Baby

Twinwood festival you never fail to make my heart sing! This was my second time to Twinwood and it didn't disappoint. This time I was going to introduce Kayla to the big wide world of vintage nostalgia, shopping, dancing and music.

The Saturday at Twinwood for us was mostly a shopping day; I learnt last year that the good vintage stuff tends to go on the first day. While some stands restock with new gear, that's mostly the reproduction stalls and so if you want a chance to grab some true vintage you have to be quick like a fox and buy early before the crowds move in!

twinwood1
twinwood2
twinwood4
twinwood3
twinwood12

We were incredibly lucky to have wonderful weather on the both the days we went. This Bernie Dexter dress I bought from a lovely reader of my blog called Stephanie. I posted a wish list on which -the dress was a feature and she got in touch saying she was thinking of selling hers. I couldn't resist and she packaged it up beautifully all the way from Germany with a lovely card. This dress is perfect for me and is my first ever Bernie Dexter dress. I've been lusting after so many for so long and now I'm hooked. The fabric, the finish and the pattern are just wonderful and the shape is perfect for us pear shaped girls.

Wearing it with a petticoat had to be done for the show-stopping finish and I felt fantastic in an outfit for the first time in ages. Kayla wore her brand new Hell Bunny dress she bought when I last saw her and looked beautiful.

After putting on our red lipstick, sticking false eyelashes and fixing our hair we transformed ourselves into modern day pinup girls.

twinwood13
twinwood8

twinwood7
twinwood6
twinwood16
twinwood11
twinwood15
twinwood18
twinwood17

I also bumped into fellow blogger Ria from Urban Butterfly who looked simply stunning! Doesn't she look wonderful?

twinwood19
twinwood14
twinwood10
twinwood23
twinwood5
twinwood20
twinwood22
twinwood21
twinwood25

I forget how instantly my mood changes when I get 'proper' dressed up in my vintage gear. I touch base with it most days with my lipstick and flicks and swing dresses but going all out with the hair to complete the look makes the world of difference.

We took dance classes, had tea and cake and marvelled in the fabulous classic cars. I also discovered some brilliant new clothing stores. I was impressed in particular with Campbell Crafts with her adorable stall inside a retro caravan and incredible selection of vintage repro clothing.

I wish everyday could be fabulous and feel-good like this. We did manage to really make the most of it, dancing into the early hours practicing the new duo routine we learnt, swinging our swing dresses and clinking our cocktails! God bless you Twinwood, see you next year...x

Shop the look!

10 comments :

  1. You look utterly stunning and the photos are just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredible!! If I ever come to the UK, I'll have to plan it around this event. That lavender car makes me want to cry, it's so beautiful!!! And you look stunning in your Bernie - isn't her stuff the best?! That pink vintage number Ria is wearing is to die for, too. Can't wait to see more photos!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! I can practically feel the joy exuding out of you. I wish we have a similar event here. That looks like tons of fun!

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Everyone looks amazing! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I have been so excited for your post on Twinwood and it did not disappoint! So many beautiful cars, dresses, and cakes! I love your Bernie Dexter dress and the flower hair piece, gorgeous :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful time Rebecca, it looks like such an amazing festival and all those cakes just look delicious. Oh, and you looked spectacular, your dress was beautiful x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I love this post so much. Your photos are beautiful and yuo look stunning! Looks lik eyou had a lovely day! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this looks so amazing! The stalls, the cars, the outfits are all beautiful! You look wonderful Rebecca, that dress suits you so much and it's so sweet that one of your readers sent it to you!
    Have a lovely day,
    Emma xo Wallflower Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my <3 what an amazing event ! I'm jealous you were there duuuh :3 The cars seems amazing! I love the violet - pastel one so cuuute <3 & you look perfect, just like you own all the amazing cadillacs ;)

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Twinwood festival looks so fantastic. The combination of gorgeous cars and fabulous looking outfits are a feast to the eyes. I'm definitely putting next year's festival on my list of to go-to’s. Thank you so much for sharing those lovely pictures! I hope you guys are having a great autumn!

    Evan Blake @ Antique Limo

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover