14 Sep 2014

The Victory Belles

I'm so excited to bring you a very special post. Liz, a friend of my mine from uni, asked if I would take some photos of her and her wartime singing trio, "The Victory Belles". They were looking to shoot some some vintage style group photos for promotional use.

I am so lucky to be living in Kent, and its slogan, 'the garden of England' really couldn't be more accurate. It really is wonderful and the natural backdrop has provided me with some incredible locations over the years. Thanks Kent!

I'm on a perpetual location scout when I'm driving around here and there, always keeping an eye out for lovely little locations and shoot ideas...probably should listen to Jon really and watch the road instead of looking at the fields...I guess that's one of the many curses of a blogger!

belle1
belle7
belle8
haybelle2
haybelle11
Uniformbelle7
Uniformbelle5
bellecountrycasual1
picnic4
picnic7
picnic2

We couldn't of asked for a better day; the weather it was simply perfect. The girls arrived with dozens of fantastic outfits and we were all pretty giddy with excitement with how much fun it all was. I've been in such a rut the past months with my blog and this really was the inspirational boost I needed to get my creative juices flowing again. Anything vintage and retro really gets me in my element as I love directing people in photos in ways I think would make a lovely pose, or capture a lovely little story.

The girls' vibrant and contagious personalities really shine in these group shots and they truly were a joy to shoot. I was also incredibly impressed with Liz' serious costume making skills- she made every stitch of those dungarees and military uniforms- down to the skirt and tie!!! Whatta woman!

8 comments :

  1. Aw, they are so adorable and (agreed!) what a fun shoot-- no wonder it sparked some inspiration in you! Yes, from your photo's Kent does look pretty beautiful, it's definitely on my list for places to visit in the UK now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are beautiful, amazing setting! The girls have great style x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos! Looks like you had a beautiful day for it.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls, you're so cute <3 I can't stop smiling to laptop's screen :) !
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look gorgeous! I've missed escaping into your little blog to another era and time!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just wanted to say your blog is utterly fantastic! it's a constant source of style inspiration for me and you love it.
    I've just started my own(largely because of how much I love yours) so check if out if you want
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. the look absolutely amazing! Love the land girl style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are amazing! They look so true to the time period. Perfect.

    -Jacqueline
    http://jackieomy.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover